MacRetro chat and rides thread

Gone a bit quiet round here (hear a slight wind and watch a tumble weed rolling by :) ), anyone get any riding done over the weekend ?

Got out on the Manitou (not that i have a lot of choice, it's my only riding bike at the moment), just up the Braes for a fart about for about an hour, rides very nice but a couple of times i felt i'd prefer the E3 :roll:

Still waiting for the wheels for the E3, should have them next week though then i'll concentrate on getting it working and looking A1 for Dalby :cool:

none :( just back from manc land, might get out for a wuick run tomorrow, but looking forward to CV next weekend :cool: the dale will get a run out tomorrow. You bringing the mani next weekend JH.

Yep, will have the Manitou next weekend ;) , may need to sling it in the back of the Capri (if Kaiser aint going ?), VW Polo is still in bits and the Taxi is broke :LOL:

I have tomorrow off and thus I am going to hit either Glentress or Innerleithen providing I can fit and adjust my brakes to the Frankenbike.

Dont ask me what the Frankenbike is, even I'm not sure other than its a cheapo steel frame, but at least is suspension adjusted and now sports 3" travel forks :D

Looking forward to CV to ;)

Riding

Hi Jimi and lads
I have had a couple of evenings during the week out on the mordern Stumpy for an hour or so.
This weekend I have had to be at work in the mornings for a couple of hours and afternoons for a half hour or so. At the moment its like this for 7 days a week but I will stop for a month or so soon as it slows. Anyway I have been on the roadie at least 5 days a week, but a week or so ago I put away my old faithful Giant winter OCR that I bought with me from Australia and bought the Merckx back out of hibernation.
Anyway I'm getting a bit off topic but yesterday I did about 25 mile to work and back in the afternoon. Today was great, I came home at lunch watched paris roubaix live and then rode a long way to work and back at around 40 miles or so. Nice weather except for the killer headwind :(

IMG_1351.jpg

Thats Dunnet head in the background, most northerly piont of mainland Britain.

I know its not MTB but its still riding ;)
Just wanted to share :D
Hope all Macretro's had a good one.

Jamie

Alas jimi I can't make it :(

Jamie lovin the Merckx supremo class :D

I must seriously recommend Innerleithen to you guys, I've slogged and charged around it again..............wow :shock: :cool: :LOL:

Mind you I now understand why so many riders today go full sus, inners will shake your teeth loose and beat you up big style without some bounce !

I did leave a group of expensively equipped bikers for dead on the descent from the top, its not what you ride its the way that you ride it :LOL:

I hope you've all enjoyed the easter break,

Cheers

Southern Jesse MacRetro division reporting in. Just bought that mag Kaiser and been looking at your trails with envious eyes.
Had a mixed weekend, had to do the family thing but have got an hour in every morning and a few hours on the evening. Been enjoying the Cotic more now it has nine gears to go at, mainly in a new riding spot I have found. It's about a 2 mile loop with a hike a bike start up the steps a few hundred yards in and then great tchnical, rooty but flowing singltrack. It looks pretty underused and I've not seen a soul all weekend. There are some steep steps and unusable bits but I have made a start with the saw and spade building some links and detours. There is a steep set of steps down the valley side back to the river at the bottom which I have already bypassed with a pretty hairy off camber route that involves jmping the odd fallen tree- have yet to clean it but it's great fun trying.
On the other side of the Fun-o- meter, my 20 month old daughter spent Saturday in hospital. She decided to ride her trike down the steps halfway down the garden. She really made a mess of her face and has needed some work from a plastic surgeon above her eye. She's as tough as boots though and took it all in her stride, no tears at all. She's been back on her trike today and showing her stitches to the little boy next who a much more freaked out than she is. She's always been a little fearless thing and I call her Danger Mouse, I think she's going to be into the extreme sports stuff when she gets older.

Hoping for less drama for the rest of the week.

Si

Sorry to hear about your daughters accident Dr S, my boys are constantly trying to do themselfs harm and know the sick stomach lurch feeling all to well- sounds like she's a wee trooper :cool: .

velo, wish I could have been there, sounds like you had a blast and the weather was great too :cry: Looking forward to CV this weekend, give the dale a good run out (my wrists won't thank me :LOL: ).

Phone in sick Kaiser ;)

Latest posts

Back