Zaskar History/Spec please

gm1230126":2bngbbbo said:
roberto...were are you located? I just sold a 97 in red frost anodized last week.

kent UK.Or as I like to say, "25 miles from France"

Colour is red anodized.Just picked it up.On the face of it it just needs a rear wheel and chain.

But giving a full strip and rebuild. It has been well maintained,albeit not riden for 5 years. Ctanks came of OK, just soaking the BB prior to removal.

The guy had it built at his LBS from a frame in 1997.All LX gear, which to be fair is still OK.In fact I'd be daft to replace with XT just yet.But we'll see...........
Even the chainrings are fine

Front mech is bottom swing bottom pull LX. Am I right in thinking the tube size is 31.8mm Dia ?
Seatpost came out easily as well.Just the BB to go.........

31.8 it is.Surprised about the bottom swing front mech though !

BB put up a good fight.UN52 110/73.Could be original,dunno. Still very servicable.Was in two minds to leave it.But a full strip needs to be a full strip.

All componants have been fitted will with plenty of quality grease where parts fit the frame
Frame weight 1.8Kg/4LBs exactly

Frame in very good order.Little marks on the chain stay.The guy reckoned he'd done "many miles" on this bike.They must have been very carefully riden :)

Need a bit more help please.

Although the front mech is bottom pull, botton swing ( the cage is below the clamp) Can I use a bottom pull TOP swing mech ? These seem a lot more available on EBay etc.....

Back