My Playground

Across the road they are demolishing two old pubs getting ready for the marina by the canal, They are then building a new link road along with a new bridge to cross the canal and service Crankwood estate then they are going to flood the land to build the marina, You can see on this picture where the new road will be as they are just laying the new fence boundary

Dsc007931.jpg

It will be nice when its done as they are keeping a portion of the land and turning it into country park, I just hope they do something about the local scallies as at the moment the place is forever set on fire or littered with burnt out cars :evil:

hmm where will the lowlifes skulk away to once that starts happening

where i used to live there was a burnt down holliday camp ( picture a butlins burnt down and abandoned ) massive site and on the edge of the coast so prime land

over the years everyone broke all the windows and generally smashed anything they could

it was a popular place for people to walk dogs , there were people on cheap crossers blatting around , summers would attract travellers and over the years we dug some sweet trails ( trails as in bmx ) there was a large hall we would set up stuff in to ride , or we would use one of the many tennis courts ( there was something like 4 staggered on slit levels so we would race along them and drop to the next :LOL: )

there was supposedly rare wildlife in one part so no development could take place , it was like that for at least a decade

one day fencing had been put up , ££££ trounced nature and that was the last summer before they hired permanent security ( they wernt happy that we kept cutting through the fencing ) . its all housing now :(

when i win the euromillions i'm going to buy up a similar piece of land...fence it off and have 24 hour armed security with strict instructions for no pikeys, chav's, or council estate scum on nicked crossers..........ramblers/dog walkers/moaning old farts walking with ski poles are to be shot on sight.

then all mtb/dh/4x/bmx are welcome to come along and play whenever they like...build your own trails or whatever.
:D

i love the derelict pics in that link you posted in that link

yep we had a pretty sweet playground for years

eric carter owns his own hill in california , i remember him and steve peat riding down it and driving back up in a pickup on the sprung vids

dyna-ti":u1i4ip4f said:
:? Errrr....................It's a barren wasteland

;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It doesn't exactly look like a very inspiring place to ride to me either - it's not somewhere I'd be driving past and think "That looks a really cool place to explore", more like "more flat, depressing wasteland - the sooner they do something useful with it the better".

At least the photos remind me why I could never live somewhere without any hills and trees.........

Plenty of hills and trees to be found, the photos i took are just to show the size of it. there are miles of singletrack with loads variation in riding. plus best thing about it is i dont need to drive there i come out of my house and within half a mile i drop onto trails then its an 8 mile off road route to this place. Have a play about on the hills or in the woods at the back. Or go across the canal into the first country park where there is a 5k off road route round the flash or go upto the new country park that they are building with loads of new trails round the waterways.

The land is what you make of it and once its been redeveloped into housing there will be one less place to off road on my doorstep which will then make riding pretty dull and uninspiring.

Just for the tree huggers on here, When i went out this morning i took some tree pictures for you, Same site just at the back of all the rucks, got slutchy as hell and bogged down in all the shite :twisted:

DSC00803.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

One of the woods
DSC00805.jpg

Back