The MBUK Zaskar

pjlarge":3hjmzkb3 said:
I'm actually in a bit of a quandry with the bike at the moment. I use the road bike far more and don't have enough space in my apartment for all the bikes together, so one of them is likely to be put up for sale. Quite which one, or what I'd ask for the Zaskar is a tricky one as it's totally unique and not to everyone's taste. I'll entertain offers for it though :)

Given that you bought the bike off e-bay just a couple of months ago, working out the value can't be that hard can it? You were the highest bidder so logically, its worth slightly less than you paid as no-one else thought that it was worth more.

pjlarge":2vf3evlq said:
Andy B":2vf3evlq said:
xizang":2vf3evlq said:
Chris":2vf3evlq said:
Anybody know if you can get hold of those purple brakes they look mint.

They were done by Hope for the mag as a one-off (Pretty sure that's right).

Nice bike fella, glad it's a rider and not a wall-flower :D
Yup, one off brakes, as far as I know not another pair in existence, same for the hubs too (I think!)

That is correct, they're (alllegedly) one offs. The hubs have MBUK 20th Anniversary etched in to them as do the brake levers and calipers.

I'm actually in a bit of a quandry with the bike at the moment. I use the road bike far more and don't have enough space in my apartment for all the bikes together, so one of them is likely to be put up for sale. Quite which one, or what I'd ask for the Zaskar is a tricky one as it's totally unique and not to everyone's taste. I'll entertain offers for it though :)

so did you sell it?

PM GilM, he can do repro decals to a high standard, lots of folks have used his decals on bike builds

Andy B":2jcnkoof said:
PM GilM, he can do repro decals to a high standard, lots of folks have used his decals on bike builds

Yea i herd he the man that can and he got a VERY good reputation
I'm new to all this, do ya know what sort of price range for a full set for zaskar??

GoldenEraMTB":3ins23g5 said:
so did you sell it?

No I didn't, I've actually been using it quite a lot. It's the road bike that's fallen into disuse now instead! I've replaced the riser bars with some straights and bar ends and I find it more comfortable to ride.

Go to any trail centre with it and people know what it is though, you get a lot of questions about it :D

I'd still like an early 90's Team Attitude as well though!

Back