Views please

seems the answer is simple. he wants to spend 1500, get one of the boardmans for 750 off ebay, buy a hei hei frame off here for 500 and bolt on the components, chuck the boardman in a skip and pocket the extra 250 :)
what you are getting with the boardman is the leaverage of buying tons of the same parts that a big chain has. ive not ridden one either, but i have seen more than a few frame onlys for sale on ebay and not going for alot. cant fault the price to component ratio tho and worst case is you have to spend a few hundred more on a nice steel frame a month later (cove handjob?)
problem with halfords is they never have anything you want and what they have is rubbish and expensive. they are like the convenience store of bike shops. of course they arnt just a bike shop so cant expect any better.
id agree with harry too, buying new is like flushing money down the toilet

they are like the convenience store of bike shops

nope they are a chain motorfactors who decided one day to sell cycle stuff as they saw a profit in it

to be fair if you dont forget this its all good . not many places where you can dump your bike by the entrance , eye up the girl on the checkout , play with a few stereos , laugh at some twat pipes and big alloy wheels while walking up to the bike section where you say

ill be having a 26 inch tube with a shredder ( everyones seen the turtles so this is funny worldwide when said in the correct voice ) valve and how about you lend me a pump and a couple tyre levers ?

" sure , just bring the bike over so it looks like im doing it and your paying the right money "

" sweet :LOL: "

on any sunday

yeah they saw a profit in it cos they were selling car parts to ppl who knew nothing about cars, so they realised they could do the same for bikes :)
well they are a chain, but your shopping experience can differ from store to store as they say, id suggest your local halfords is in the minority.

Halfords

Only thing I would say, is if none of us bought only "new" and only ALL bought second hand, then that's a very dim and shallow attitude towards life, where would all the second hand products come from then? Who would employ anybody if no one bought new? Sometimes its morally right to step up to the plate!
On a different tangent, as from next year all UK sold bike frames have to meet a new test to destruction standard, 90 percent of standard frames would not meet this at the mo', so bikes are going to get one heck of a lot heavier but at least stronger, so this problem will not occur. Orange have already beefed up the P7 to meet the standard and it now weighes a pound plus heavier!

Only thing I would say, is if none of us bought only "new" and only ALL bought second hand, then that's a very dim and shallow attitude towards life, where would all the second hand products come from then? Who would employ anybody if no one bought new? Sometimes its morally right to step up to the plate!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Sorry mate....havn't heard such nonesense for a while.....morally right to step up to the plate :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: brilliant

Re: Nonsense

Wold Ranger":36mjbks7 said:
So its nonsense that anybody buys anything new? Thinks your missing the point here!

He's not missing the point, its people like me (and possibly you?) that clearly don't read his posts :roll:

Back