2009 carbon road bike build

I was drooling over one these frames in Fred Williams when I went to get my bar tape put on. Excellent build Shamus. Ready for the Grande Tours this summer.

Couple more pics...

First race, dont know yet... :roll:
Today was first ride, it is awesome. There is really big difference to compare Extreme-C what I had efore.
This is much stiffer and quicker to handle.

eps_valmis4tonni.jpg

eps_valmis2tonni.jpg

eps_valmis5.jpg

eps_valmis6.jpg

eps_valmis8.jpg

eps_valmis9.jpg

eps_valmis12.jpg

eps_valmis7.jpg

eps_valmis10.jpg

eps_valmis11.jpg

eps_valmis13.jpg

What do you think of the super record? I know some are calling it asthetically but I quite like the look of it :cool:

Super Record is much more smooth than 10 speed Record I had before.
Barkes fel more flexy, but that can be because I have had all the bikes before Nokon cables.

Anyway, I love this bike, it´s super! :D

I'm sure it works fine, but Campag really made a faux pas when it comes to aesthetics this time round. Rear mech and ergos are just ugly beyond belief.

Sorry Shamus - I still think you should have gone Dura-ace this time.

Awesome bordering on perfect :cool: :cool: :cool: good to see Colnago making some tasty frames again and the new 3T stuff is very nice too :cool:

I think the new Campag is :cool: and if the new Dura Ace is so good how come some pro teams are dumping it and going for Sram/old dura ace?

MJN":taqrpabc said:
if the new Dura Ace is so good how come some pro teams are dumping it and going for Sram/old dura ace?

2009 Dura-Ace front shifting isn't backward compatible - change in front mech cable pull ratio enables wider spacing between chainrings thereby reducing/eliminating chain rub in extreme gear combinations. And to get good function you HAVE to use the original chainrings which won't fit onto anything else.

This has affects some teams sponsored by brands with in-house chainsets etc....

Feedback from pro teams using full groupsets is very very positive.

What about the problems with the rear mech?
I have had a lot of dura ace equiped bikes in the past and really rated it,especially for the price so I hope it is good,I always wait a year before going for the latest stuff though,just for any bugs to be ironed out :D Running Sram at the moment and am quite impressed,the shifting takes some getting used to though :?

Latest posts

Back