spring clean!

nemo

Dirt Disciple
thought i would give them a clean,

striping the ms racing, now trying to replace with full xt as in the name "xtcomp" had dx parts?

looking to re tape handle bars on planet x, thinking of white? and want to get a white flite!

want to go to black and silver on the cotic, also i've got some nos xlite flat bars i'm going to try for racing, using xlite carbon risers at the moment.

Attachments

• DSC04096.JPG
    DSC04096.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,826
  • DSC04097.JPG
    DSC04097.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,826
  • DSC04101.JPG
    DSC04101.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,826
reply to nporternz

was thinking of buying a planet-x - what do they ride like??

I was really happy with the planet x but!

after 2 years started to get corrosion of the the paint! bubbling up and flaking off. Spoke to the guys at planet x and they told me to scrape away paint to make sure the damage was not more serious. So i did this and found it was only superficial. then they told me that it was out of the 2 year warranty and obviously would not replace frame (wish this was made more obvious before i started to scrape off paint!) Now i've been trying to look at resprays but as its a carbon alloy mix, its expensive. They did offer me a 15 % dicount off of a new frame but considering how much i had already spent with them......well lets just say i didn't take them up on their offer.

I did ask planet x if they would give me a better discount on a new frame if i returned the old frame to them. They never replied.

Suppose that will teach me to support the british cycling industry!

Cotic are superb by the way, the quality of their frames are fantastic and the cutomer service is A1, planet x take note!

Good to hear that about Cotic. They do seem a class act.
Nice bike there fella!

Oh -and no offence meant btw... ;)

Back