Caramba Kid":3dp34lgf said:
jonrock":3dp34lgf said:
Who installed those BB bearings.... :shock:

By the Klein dealer according to the seller, runs smooth enough.
What is actually wrong with the installation? I'm a Klein virgin :oops:

Dave

They're in a little far, but I wouldn't sweat it. Certainly punching them out and going around again isn't too good for a press fit either. Ride it.

As for the paint...looks good to me. You'll never see a lot of that damage when parts are hung. Ride It. :cool:

utahdog2003":35y88ucr said:
They're in a little far, but I wouldn't sweat it. Certainly punching them out and going around again isn't too good for a press fit either. Ride it.

As for the paint...looks good to me. You'll never see a lot of that damage when parts are hung. Ride It. :cool:

IIRC this is done for some cranksets... my Rascal had this too, it had an XTR M900 crankset installed and the bearing on the drive side had to be "offset" (or is that "inset"??) a few mm into the shell. I looked it up in the KLEIN manual and this was correct. But because I have an XT crankset installed I had to take them out and put in a longer spindle (125mm as to 108mm before) and align the bearings with the shell.

And yeah, go ride it... you can always get a respray done when the paint goes bad or faints too much ;-)

the bearings are just right that way. they have to be like that for short spindles as otherwise obviously the bearings would be were the taper is.

Good to see you are going to ride it!!

Why do you especially want to use coloured hubs? I had my HLF with M900 hubs originally but I thought they turned out to be a little tiny. So I found a set of black Chris King hubs with 217 ceramic and it looks stunning I think.

Have fun with it!

Cheers,
Martin

Latest posts

Back