Question about singlspeed

stu":2hlffpj3 said:
I use my singlespeed bikes most of the time, might be worth getting a flip-flop rear hub and putting 16 and 18 tooth freewheels on it, gives you a bit more choice in gearing :D

Stu

You've already got enough speeds ;)

ie Sitting, Standing, Running and Walking.

Over here there is some division in the SS ranks. Some believe that pure SS should be only be done rigid with rim brakes, while other go the whole hog with adjustable travel forks, tubeless tyres and discs.

For short track racing, SS bike are sometimes the bike to have too.

I've got the bonty ss'ed for the winter. Something i don't have to bother cleaning on a cold winters night. Really nice to ride, the drivetrain is exceptionally smooth.
You'd be suprised at how much you can ride with only one gear and a few rides to get used to it.
It also means a good work out on short night rides. :LOL:

pics please!

P20":1yjz28c0 said:
I've got the bonty ss'ed for the winter. Something i don't have to bother cleaning on a cold winters night. Really nice to ride, the drivetrain is exceptionally smooth.
You'd be suprised at how much you can ride with only one gear and a few rides to get used to it.
It also means a good work out on short night rides. :LOL:

magic gear? tensioner?OR with horizontal dropouts? or the holy grail, a factory ss?

In an ideal world it would be a custom frame with ebb, but i've just used a tensioner. Click the bontrager below for a photo ;)

P20":343wol0i said:
In an ideal world it would be a custom frame with ebb, but i've just used a tensioner. Click the bontrager below for a photo ;)
very clean! who added the disc mount?

gil, originally had the work done by Donohue cycles. So it was probably Kevin Winter who did the work. Kevins a genius, made most of the Ferrous frames.
Better pics of frame Here

My mates bike as made by Kevin:
Winter.JPG

andrewl":3gg3epr7 said:
Over here there is some division in the SS ranks. Some believe that pure SS should be only be done rigid with rim brakes, while other go the whole hog with adjustable travel forks, tubeless tyres and discs.

Mine is (going to be) a short travel hardtail with Magura HS33's. I figure that if I'm going slower, I can brake later in corners with the Maguras and at least maintain some of my hard earned speed.

Thinking about going tubeless aswell though. It seems to me that lighter wheels can only be a good thing when you've got one gear.

Back