Help identifying some Campagnolo parts + new clean pics

joe1983

Retro Guru
Hi, just bought an old 70's geared bike and would like some help identifying the parts that are on it. Mainly the headset and chainset, plus the front mech if you know!
Pics below:

DSCN1209.jpg

DSCN1212.jpg

DSCN1211.jpg

It also had a super record rear mech, record hubs, campag levres, pedals, and quick releases - so a nice little bundle! Any help much appreciated

Really? Well if he is he is welcome to have a look. I just cleaned the bike up and it looks practically new. Do you know if the family is still involved in the shop in Manchester?I'm not far from there and considered taking it in for them to have a look at.

Agree with the above about it looking like Gran Sport.

It seems very tidy indeed, any photos of the whole bike?

Here is a couple of it stripped pre-cleanup:
IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

Most marks are superficial and will come out with a bit of elbow grease. Wheel are Record hubs on AVA tubs, Weinmann 500 quick release brakes, Zeus seatpost and Cinelli Unincantor saddle, stem and bars.[/img]

Old Campag's just lovely isn't it; great style. I'd say Gransport chainset, not sure about front mech though,- isn't it Record also ?
Nice bike, fella !

Very nice - I sometimes see other Harry Halls like that up my way. It's certainly quite collectable.

The shop is still going, and although the son works there, I wouldn't call it a 'family' shop, i.e. it's not friendly. It's nothing like it used to be - but then, what is ??!!

Back