Its a Diamond Back Senior Pro f&f

Juju

Dirt Disciple
Bought from ebay as this rusty old frame forks and 3pc DB formula 1 crank (seized solid).

A bit of cleaning...

and a bit of ebaying gives you....

looking very sweet there :cool: always great when all that hard work has paid off and you have some thing that you are proud of

job well done :D

B ;)

Yep - it's a senior pro frame mated to formula 1 forks. It's an 83 but the same frame as the early 82 Leary Turbo's.

The bars are DB Leary custom bend, the stem is a Sugino Diamond Back Branded stem, the crank is a DB formula 1 with smoked chrome spider, mated to nos Sugino 46t chainring.

Saddle a NOS Kashimax Diamond Back (with the DB Diamond shaped hole pattern) and clamp is an original Dia Compe mx hinged clamp.

NOS Mk1 DC leavers with a gold DC890 (the only caliper that fits f1 forks) with a DC 1020 rear.

The bars are only an inch or so wider and a a couple taller, but they feel HUGE compared to the medium DB Cromo bars on previously, my knees are miles away fromt he bend when seated to the point I don't need a layback, despite being an adult!

The grips are Fuan f1 inners, but mated to proper Oakely f1 outers (done by a guy who bought both to make a pair the colour he wanted, and there were made out of the left overs.

Finally the pedals are NOS Diamond Back MKS BM10's with diamond shaped cut outs in the pedal cages (Usual Bm10's had scuare cut outs).

Swapping the cheapo Spencer alloys for some Gold Arays 7x this week!

And now onto the next project, a DB SIlver Streak presently degreasing on my ironing board!

Back