How you guys do it??

SilverSurfer":2qpm11xo said:
A mate buys and sells cars - loses about 10k a year (the fool).

Needs a big garage, drivespace, loads of insurance and gets fat into the bargain.

My hobby has rules so that buying and selling prices even out, never lose much these days. Bikes live in a shed and cost nowt to run. When I ride them I get fit and keep slim(ish).

What can she complain about really?

Thats why i want to get back into riding to get fit, put on to much weight.

Iwasgoodonce":279wqku4 said:
No, I reckon you could argue that that's a safety feature. All those frames would probably act like a giant Davies lamp and prevent an explosion. Might be best to be on the safe side and get a couple more to add protection.

What a splendid idea- will run it past the wife tonight!

Wow you all do have loads of bikes its cool. Don't you get the wife saying you can only ride one bike at a time, so why you need more than one??

rojo":3i9ssc99 said:
Don't you get the wife saying you can only ride one bike at a time, so why you need more than one??

I reply with...
' they are bikes not women love, would you like me to swap? Now get back in the fecking kitchen bitch!'

NEVER LET HER SEE THE PHOTOS OF YOUR BIKE IN THE LIVING ROOM...NOT A GOOD IDEA

Even worse when you take pics for the Alfa Forum of a twin cam cylinder head sparkling clean in the brand new dish washer- I so should have deleted those pics from her camera :oops:

Dr S":1vl1wfwv said:
rojo":1vl1wfwv said:
Don't you get the wife saying you can only ride one bike at a time, so why you need more than one??

I reply with...
' they are bikes not women love, would you like me to swap? Now get back in the fecking kitchen bitch!'

NEVER LET HER SEE THE PHOTOS OF YOUR BIKE IN THE LIVING ROOM...NOT A GOOD IDEA

Even worse when you take pics for the Alfa Forum of a twin cam cylinder head sparkling clean in the brand new dish washer- I so should have deleted those pics from her camera :oops:

You guys are funny.

That's no joke rojo. He made me 'cook' a set of forks and a stem in the oven. The good Doctor was right though. It made a beautiful job of sealing the lacquer.

I sold my car to fund bikes! I make sure I put enough effort into our relationship (no, that's not just buying flowers & chocolate & taking her out for dinner, it's listening and thinking about her nearly as much as bikes).

Bikes live in the shed and records stay in the conservatory, the bike can come into the conservatory to be fixed if the weather is bad.

I am totally honest about whatever I buy, and try to justify it. Sometimes it stops me buying stuff i don't really need. I find it helps to remind her that bikes are not a bad thing to be into. There are much worse pastimes for a married man. Drink, womanising, golf...

Latest posts

Back