My scores of the last week (GIOS TORINO ADDED)

Picked up the Gios today!

Today I went to pick up the Gios Torino Super Record.
I'm so stoked with this catch.

Now if I'm not wrong, this is a 70's model and as to be seen has been well taken care off through the years.
Tomorrow when I'm done cleaning and brushing it up I'll post a full bike picture. Such a good way to start your weekend! :D

Some pics for now:

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_1.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_2.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_3.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_4.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_5.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_6.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_7.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_8.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_9.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_10.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_11.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record_12.jpg

Gios%20Torino%20Super%20Record.jpg

Hi 24K

That looks very good

Glad the old man found a new caring owner for his thoroughbred.

Oh ...and uh, money well spent ;)

That is lovely - and in such good condition as well.

And a Masi as well??!!

How come I can never find such things!!

Re: Picked up the Gios today!

24k":vcztxjhp said:
Today I went to pick up the Gios Torino Super Record.
I'm so stoked with this catch.

Now if I'm not wrong, this is a 70's model and as to be seen has been well taken care off through the years.

Definitely 70s model. They were made between 78 and 82. AFAIK they got the coin-type forks in 1980. Also graphics are different to later version.

I`d be very grateful if you could let me have a pic either on here or by email of the down tube `Columbus` transfer on the Gios - mine has flaked off & I can`t recall the exact type!
Looks a lovely bike.
Many thanks, Julian

Attachments

• giosparispoubaix.jpg
    giosparispoubaix.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,244
The Batuvus are cool but the Gios is stunning, any chance of a photo of the complete bike?

And excuse my ignorance but is Super Record the bike/frame model as it looks much more like a Nuovo Record groupset.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the help - I`ve taken a look at a pic iIhave of my bike & though it is now way too much magnified can see mine had just a thin black border - can`t make out lettering clearly however - hopefully shown in thumbnail. Don`t want to hijack the thread - but thanks again!

Attachments

• columbus transfer.jpg
    columbus transfer.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 1,228
What a fantastic find! Congratulations!

I just lust after that GIOS Super Record.

There were few commemorative edition frames going on on ebay a month ago and I am sure they fetched crazy prices.

Lovely bike. Post more pics when you have it restored.

Back