Just brought this home-1990 Klein Attitude

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
So, where to begin?
I saw this Attitude on Craigslist about 3 weeks ago and have been going back and forth with the owner for the last 2. I finally picked it up yesterday down in Eugene, OR. It was really hard to pass up for 3 reasons.

1-It was my size (not like the 1992 Sunburst that I just sold)

2-This year and color way was the first Attitude that I lusted after. I have never really liked the color way, I think the later colors (gator, sunburst, sea to sky, coral reef) are the best, but this color way is iconic. It is what I think of when someone says Klein.

3-Price :D

So, 5 days ago I pulled the trigger and bought it. That same day I put my 92 Klein Attitude up for sale and sold it this weekend to a very happy fellow in northern California.
This Attitude is not perfect and that’s fine with me because like I have said in the past, my bikes are to go not for show! It is all XT with very cool Matrix Deep V rims. Never seen these before. The rims still have the original Specialized Ground controls on them. The shifters are XT rapid fire which I am assuming were added later. (if anyone has xt thumbies they want to sell let me know) It has a Bullseye crankset that has the through axel. Not sure if I am going to keep it. Depends on the bearings and if I can get spacers. Right now the arms are pretty close to the rear stays. The Seat and Post are going to be replaced with a Black XT post and a Black Turbo saddle. Can anyone tell me what skewers these are? Never seen those before either.
So I will get it cleaned up and will post more photos later.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4535_1.JPG
    IMG_4535_1.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,743
  • IMG_4534_1.JPG
    IMG_4534_1.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,743
  • IMG_4533_1_1.JPG
    IMG_4533_1_1.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,743
More photos.
BTW- The photo of the tire with the broken sidewall, can I stop it from ripping anymore?

Attachments

• IMG_4536_1.JPG
    IMG_4536_1.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,738
  • IMG_4537_1.JPG
    IMG_4537_1.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 1,738
  • IMG_4539_1.JPG
    IMG_4539_1.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,738
yes, I would say American Classic too, good score Lawrence, glad you have your Unicorn (or perhaps just white horse with a stick-on horn?)

Back