Single Speed UK Championships 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Which one of you crazy kids put me on the list? Me singlespeed? Singlespeed is bad, singlespeed is evil, pointless pointless pointless!

Si

:D :D will need to update the list then :D

I'll be riding...er don't know if its retro or not. A GT of unknown id or age :roll: twas destined for nothing and was a bit of a heap but hopefully it'll come out alright using bits and bobs I have lying around.

Ive entered and my names on the SSUK list, but things have changed with work and Im not gonna be able to ride.

Does anyone know if I can sell my entry? If so, anyone wanna buy it?

:cry:

theboy's weapon of choice:

DSC00664.JPG

and by weapon, I mean felt covered rubber mallet.

In a Kaiseresque moment of indecision I have started building a shonky SS MTB, afterall I won shonkiest bike last year and thus have a reputation to uphold.

So far the frame and forks are from different decades, front cants, rear Vee's, mismatched pedals and brake levers and tyres, plus as much bodging as is possible. Ugly oh yes :cool: :roll: ;)

Thinking of a Dalmation inspired spotty paint scheme if I can be bothered.

We need to start planning Retrobike HQ at the event, anyone got a banner ?
The Scots element should start digging out the flags and tartan etc

I'm so looking forward to this despite the fact I'll probably crash or collapse in a ditch after only one lap........same as last year :roll:

Velo I'm certain that you riding any steed will win the shonkiest bike award :LOL: as they say 'its not about the bike'

velomaniac":2i7wrdzu said:
Kaiser you riding a SS bike at all would be a bloody miracle :shock: :roll:

Ahem who was the first to turn up to a Macretro on a SS :p

And who imediately got rid and then went through several versions all never finished until finally building something as yet unfinished that may not even be retro :shock:

Mind you that first Dale was a beauty, you should never have parted with it, looking forward to your new steed.

I'm having ME induced brain/inspiration failure and thus the shonky SS is on hold possibly never to be built. The Hardrock SS will be at the Drumlanrig and probably Dalby as its fully functioning and nicely retro. Tried a spot of Drumlanrig style woodland trail bashing last night, its going to be tiring but fun, bring grippy tyres for the roots !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back