built: Marin team issue (rims's year problem:should i care?)

Benandemu":2vmwrfrc said:
How cool is that!?!

What a lovely find.

I disagree with the others and would find some Black RM20's for that build.

Where there's doubt, there is no doubt! A motto well used by myself.

----
1990 Marin Team Titanium
1990 Marin Team Titanium
1993 Marin Team Titanium
1995 Marin Team Titanium
1995 Marin Titanium Ultimate

Bah and what would you know about Marin Team bikes :LOL:
:p

FluffyChicken":1rss9653 said:
Guillaume":1rss9653 said:
marin stem in 1''...

Not in very good condition but it is one..

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Hé! Fine...but...in this state...I do not think that I would have bought it...I did'nt want to have some painting job to do...for my first build...I was a bit lazy...

But if you know were I can find some nice SG chainring 74 and 100mm (24/36/46)... :roll: ...ahah!

Guillaume":5i5urjs6 said:
FluffyChicken":5i5urjs6 said:
Guillaume":5i5urjs6 said:
marin stem in 1''...

Not in very good condition but it is one..

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Hé! Fine...but...in this state...I do not think that I would have bought it...I did'nt want to have some painting job to do...for my first build...I was a bit lazy...

But if you know were I can find some nice SG chainring 74 and 100mm (24/36/46)... :roll: ...ahah!

110mm outer ?

Inner shouldn't be to hard as they havn't become SG-X, I know 26 can be had but 24 may be harder.
Middle and out new ? Maybe find them on someone selling an old crank.

yes 110 outer...In fact if i find 26 it's ok...24/36/46 is the just a "ideal"...

When I bought the crankset on ebay, the chainrings where there and were supposed to be new as the crankset...but in fact...nothing were new and the chainrings were dead...I can maybe use the small one but...for the others!

Yes i thought to buy another crankset...but it might be expensiver! I will ask on the forum :idea:

Black, Black, Black, Black, Black, Black rims only!

They will show off those tyre sidewalls a treat, and be original factory spec into the whole deal as well.

'Silver rims are no good, chop them up for firewood'. Another, but lesser used motto I have.

:LOL:

Yes I hope you didn't use too much this motto! I am going to have nightmares : silver rims in a fire wood!!! Tell me next time you light a fire, i'd like to be there!

Yes black rims or silver ones is a question that asked myself a long time for this bike...But I deciced to find silver ones because I find them more retro...:roll: But I'm sure black can be nice...OHHH shit why did you remind me this dilemma! ;)

"and be original factory spec into the whole deal as well"
I'm not sure to understand what you mean with my poor english...But what I can try to answer is that I think that this marin team had originally silver rims... :?:

1993 Team Issue complete with original bottle :D
Still my all time favourite build and might bring it out for the weekend

Recently obtained a rather rare NOS M900 Q/R Seat Bolt, but nice as it would look, they didn't come with one (shame)

marin_team_issue_009_331.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :LOL:

I watched the catalogue today...and I recognize it!!! It looks like a new...

A really perfect job...and a really fantastic bike!!!

I imagine the work done! But I can't imagine to do the same with mine...the original bottle :LOL:

What could I say more!!!!
Bravo

Back