Beckenham Place Park and a nice Pace on the way back

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just got home from another one of my local scrambles to find a decent place to ride, this time just down the road to Beckenham Place Park (Londoncentric here, sorry).

Sadly still too flat for my liking, had a good look about, nothing very challenging :cry:

So hauled my heavy body frame home and just before Penge East Station passed a chap going in the other direction on a lovely silver Pace with black forks - nice bike that one :)

My quest continues...!

Mandatory bike in dappled light shot (apologies for quality it's a phone cam):

Attachments

• Beckenham Park Bike 3.jpg
    Beckenham Park Bike 3.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 876
I'd often wondered whether there was anything to be found in Beckenham Place park.

Get thee over to Hayes, just past West Wickham, probably 15 mins on the train from you. Starting from there, head towards Keston, then High Elms and back via Biggin Hill.

It's not exactly Afan but some decent enough stuff out there.

That should sort you.

Take a look at this

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Ke ... s-May-Ride

Hayes station is about a mile away NW from the start of the line, or about 4.5 miles from Penge

You'll notice the route is unfinished but don't let that stop you exploring. I a circuit based on this with Hilts and KingRoon on evening and I love it.

I'm back in the UK in the Summer for a couple of weeks and thinking of organising a retro meet based on this trail.

I'm just doing solo riding at the moment as I'm ashamed of how I look.....plus I'm slowly building up to longer rides, doing an hour and half at the moment which is OK, but easily find myself out of breath. Not commuting yet, the old body isn't ready for that at the moment.

Once the weight drops off a bit and the fitness level increases I'll be happy to meet up with a few of you for rides out.

Back