MacRetro chat and rides thread

Gaz, I've got a bottom pull DX front mech for non compact chainset somewhere if thats any good ?

Also you have said what weekend you cannot do for CV this April but not what you can, in fact no one seems prepared to say when they'll go to CV other than Kaiser saying he cannot.

Come on guys lets get down to specifics.

I am free 18th, 19th, 25th, 26th April. Do these dates suit anyone else or shall we just scrub April as a meets month ?

I will ride a trail centre somewhere this weekend I hope !

what I ment was thats the only non-starter, I could do any other time, but lets say 19th and see what happens?

Thanks for the offer velo- very kind, however I have an lx one that has been on the clockwork since I got her, but I'm in the process of making her mostly XT- showing her some love as she has been neglected of late.

Where you thinking of going? I'll be in madchester :cool:

velomaniac":1xfmse7t said:
or shall we just scrub April as a meets month ?

Well it was meant to be Mabie but a few didn't show........... :roll: :LOL:

I've started a seperate thread for Carron valley on 19th or whatever April.
So far we got :
Clockworkgaz
Jimihendrix
Velomaniac

I know technically we had mabie/innerleithen this month but the show up rate was not high and the better weather does encourage a bit more biking :D

Carron Valley

Hi guys
I have been a bit quiet of late due to work being busy.
Carron Valley seems to be good for me as I have a course I have to help with in Inverness on the 18th so in theory I should be able to keep going down the A9 and end up near Carron Valley. :roll:
Sounds like a plan anyway.
I should have the SS Stumpy well and truly sorted by then so can fine tune it with a couple of hills. I was out for around 2 hours yesterday on my modern Stumpy. I stayed in one gear all the way trying to simulate how the other would feel. I used 32/17 while the SS has 32/16. Was fine for most things though it was mainly flatish XC stuff.
Look forward to it.

Jamie

Macretro bits

Hi Guys
Carron valley on the sunday the 19th is looking good for me.
Gaz, I may have an xt front mech bottom pull as I sold my M4 S works recently, and I have some of the stuff from it left in boxs, some I sold and some bits I kept. Pretty sure I kept the mech, will check size. I will check in a couple of mins and get back to you.
Also does anybody have a video player anymore? if so does somebody want a copy of Mud Cows and a copy of Burning calves? I can bring them along on the 19th. Shame to bin them.

Jamie

IMG_0863.jpg

Bought MBUK today as its a Scotland special, came with a trail guide and a DVD as well as a few articles on Scottish mtb'in. Only flicked through the mag and had a quick gander a the vid but its pretty good, especially the vid. Nice footage of mabie as well as some of the other trail centres. Will report back when I've watched/read it all.

Back