Helmet HID/LED Lights - Advice/Recommendations Needed

Hope vision 2. I have a Vision 4 on the bike but find I rarely use it as the 2 is great as a helmet light.

Have you had a look at 'candlepowerforums'? you will surely find your answer there, they have a specific bike section too.

Forget all that other stuff and get a joystick ;) Small, very light and really powerful. Enough said :roll:

Joystick is nice and light, fine piece of kit. But I went with a simple LED torch not designed for bike use as such. It is heavier and for the same runtime at full blast I need one battery change (which takes less than a minute). It does have more than double the lumens for less than half the $$

I do worry about blinding oncoming traffic, it is seriously bright. And last time I was out only after 20 minutes riding singletrack I realised it was on the medium power setting rather than full blast.

I posted about it here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50051&highlight=led

Enjoy

I've been told that a head mounted light changes how you judge distances at night :? something to do with moving shadows

The Hope Vision2 makes for a good helmet mounted light. But for out and out power the Hope4 is fab, it would be too heavy for helmet mount though.

heathy":2aad207q said:
Forget all that other stuff and get a joystick ;) Small, very light and really powerful. Enough said :roll:

I tend to agree, no muckin' about kinda thing ;)

Back