1994 Rhygin Ra

Re: Lovely

misterdangerpants":2rx3sckc said:
He was back then. He was located in Amesbury, Massachusetts. :D
\

Sheeet... thats like, what 4 miles from the border?

Look.. if you're going to the NH state liquor store to get your booze, you're not 'from' Massachusetts.

:D

ameybrook":1fjx1mpd said:
misterdangerpants":1fjx1mpd said:
\

Look.. if you're going to the NH state liquor store to get your booze, you're not 'from' Massachusetts.

:LOL: :LOL:

ameybrook":b2v6i0dw said:
misterdangerpants":b2v6i0dw said:
\

Yeah, I went to high school in Haverhill, which is right on the NH border (and very close to Amesbury), and tax-free NH was a very popular place when you needed to stock up on your libations! :cool:

Here's a photo of the bike in 1997. A little dark, but in its original build.

Rhygin19971.JPG

Here it is currently sitting in the shop awaiting the dismantling.

RhyginRedux.jpg

MDP - does your Rhygin have a 73 deg head angle?

I remember hearing some of the early ones were close to it.

Perhaps thats where your username came from?

I'm assuming from the colours on these Rhygins that the inspiration behind the company name was the fabled Jamaican gangster Ivanhoe 'Rhygin' Martin...yeah?

Or maybe just the patois link.... :?:

neilll":1rk4gmhy said:
I'm assuming from the colours on these Rhygins that the inspiration behind the company name was the fabled Jamaican gangster Ivanhoe 'Rhygin' Martin...yeah?

Or maybe just the patois link.... :?:

Bingo. Some folks might know the more popular association of The Harder They Come, which is based on Ivanhoe Martin (and Jimmy Cliff plays the role nicely). :cool:

ameybrook":3mhfimub said:
MDP - does your Rhygin have a 73 deg head angle?

I remember hearing some of the early ones were close to it.

Perhaps thats where your username came from?

I'm guessing mine is a 72 degree. Independent Fabrication is making me an exact replica of this bike (geometry-wise) and they came up with a 72 degree angle in the CAD drawing for the Deluxe, so I gather they know what they're talking about. :D I can't imagine a 73 degree.

Interesting you mention the name association, as I was on the Rhygin Reunion ride last year and I was making a slow, tight right turn and went right over the handlebars. Crazy. I've had it for 14 years and it still surprises me!

Ignoring the arguments of who comes from where, and what is not what - beautiful looking bike.

Back