My 1980's Bianchi

It ain't a real Bianchi if it ain't Celeste.

My modern one is, the alternative was Red - I ask you, a Red Bianchi!!! :roll:

I ask you, a Red Bianchi!!!

World has gone mad. Do you know they also do Shimano-equipped versions? Barking!

My modern Bianchi is Celeste with Campag. Thought it was a cliche and was almost embarrassed to buy it, but now I love it, especially when out in a sea of black/red/white Speshes/Giants etc!

South Bound":1k25wery said:

World has gone mad. Do you know they also do Shimano-equipped versions? Barking!

My modern Bianchi is Celeste with Campag. Thought it was a cliche and was almost embarrassed to buy it, but now I love it, especially when out in a sea of black/red/white Speshes/Giants etc!

This came with full 105 so they started putting shim on quite early.

Yep, there is a chap in my office with the same bike, even down to the 105. It is very shabby though!

(Still should be banned to put Shimano on Italian bikes!)

South Bound":1uewi0m9 said:
Yep, there is a chap in my office with the same bike, even down to the 105. It is very shabby though!

(Still should be banned to put Shimano on Italian bikes!)

I can see me throwing a right load of money at this. :roll:

South Bound":1ehf3wb9 said:

Yep, ashamed to say that mine is :oops:

Haven't used Campag gears since the mid '60's when Simplex introduced the Prestige which was 'competitively priced' and worked better than my Gran Sport.

Just waiting for a head badge then a few coats of lacquer I think this may turn out quite nice.

bianchiretro003.jpg

paint.jpg

Latest posts

Back