1994 Rhygin Ra

Re: Lovely

slimjoe":2mpbfrs2 said:
Thats a very nice bike mate :cool:

Like the "Dont tread on me" Mass decal..

So was Rhygin set up by another jettisoned Fat employee(s)? That was puzzling me.

Very nice frameset. :cool:

did the FAT chance seat tube decal come on the frame from new? I know theres a strong link between Rhygin & FAT.

First, thanks so much for all the wonderful compliments! Really, I’m blushing over here! If I had known you were all so very nice, I would have posted it long ago (like I did on MTBR and Fat Cogs). Anyway, some brief responses:

slimjoe":1eauk4yd said:

Cool mix of old and new, making it a rider too..

Rare bike fella, i would certainly keep hold of that.

Thanks! Considering I bought it new, I wasn’t so concerned about keeping it original/period correct. But then I started hanging around in these enthusiast sites and caught the bug! I actually removed the Fat Chance decal, but it was fun to have it on while it was there. Definitely going to hang onto this.

neilll":1eauk4yd said:
W-O-W a Rhygin
jawdropblue.gif

Don't see them too often and that is sweet, what's even better is it's going back Period Correct....you gotta promise to post some pix when that is done.

Welcome ;)

Neill

Will do! It might take a while, as I have another project in the pipeline. There are quite a few items that are staying on the bike, like the XTR cantilevers, Ritchey Force stem, and the Flite saddle.

neilll":1eauk4yd said:
Oh yeah....leave the original paint !!!

Yeah, I’m leaning towards keeping because, as you can see from the photos, it’s in really nice shape.

Elev12k":1eauk4yd said:
I think I said it on the other board already, but that is one very Cool :cool: bike you got there. Love it.

Yeah, thanks again!

mynchiboy":1eauk4yd said:
That's really sweet! Really like that ibis stem too, haven't seen one of those for a while..

It's crying out for a rasta headset and skewers though ;)

Originally, it had the Salsa rasta skewers. I have no idea where they went during the rebuild. I think I actually gave them away.

Crell":1eauk4yd said:
slimjoe":1eauk4yd said:

So was Rhygin set up by another jettisoned Fat employee(s)? That was puzzling me.

Very nice frameset. :cool:

Nope, Christian Jones started Rhygin out in Northampton, Massachusetts. He then moved it to the metro Boston, Massachusetts area (both Somerville and Charlestown). He is quite famous for his handiwork, but unfortunately has a bit of infamy associated with his name. I don’t much care, and if I were to meet him, I’d shake his hand and thank him for building such awesome bikes. Anyway, I just liked the decal because it was made in Massachusetts at a time when there were so many other great companies like Fat Chance, Ted Wojcik and Merlin.

scant":1qrb5av9 said:
did the FAT chance seat tube decal come on the frame from new? I know theres a strong link between Rhygin & FAT.

No, I actually bought a set of reproduction Yo Eddy decals from Rody @ Groovy Cycles and slapped it on. It's since been removed as I'm getting back into the period correct genre!

misterdangerpants":2uljf4rn said:
Anyway, I just liked the decal because it was made in Massachusetts at a time when there were so many other great companies like Fat Chance, Ted Wojcik and Merlin.

Hold your tongue dude, Ted Wojcik is no Masshole.

;)

ameybrook":ohqzy5sy said:
misterdangerpants":ohqzy5sy said:
Anyway, I just liked the decal because it was made in Massachusetts at a time when there were so many other great companies like Fat Chance, Ted Wojcik and Merlin.

Hold your tongue dude, Ted Wojcik is no Masshole.

;)

He was back then. He was located in Amesbury, Massachusetts. :D

Back