Which Modern Tyre?

nporternz":1eb3w2sp said:
save weight too

Urban Myth

By the time you use Stans yellow tape, rim strip, sealant and valve it’s the same.

Si you got an air compressor?

toons":wfywgb92 said:

415 volt 3 phase Sigma industrial screw type running at 15BAR :twisted: :twisted:

Big enough for yer? :LOL:

toons":3u9g6wqa said:
nporternz":3u9g6wqa said:
save weight too

Urban Myth

By the time you use Stans yellow tape, rim strip, sealant and valve it’s the same.

Minus the weight of the tube,you'd still be running rim strips and sealant is only 50 grams depending on how much you use.I've never needed a compressor,just a high pressure track pump.Try it with an open mind,some try tubeless and hate it whilst some would never go back(me!)

Dr S":2ck7myei said:
I opted for the Continental Mountain King Supersonics in 2.4 flava in the end with a Stans tubeless kit. I like a nice wide tyre and looking around the net the general thinking is that the 2.4 is more like a 2.2 when fitted.
I recently fitted a 2.4 supersonic to the front and a 2.2 protection to the rear, the 2.4 is pretty darn wide to be fair. First ride out I scared myself a bit on tarmac with them as the knobs were squirming all over the place...hit the dirt with them and they seemed fine.

I'm running a Maxxis 2.5 High Roller on the front and a 2.35 Maxxis Minion DH R on the back, works pretty sweet for me...but then I'm more of a downhiller than an XC whippet.

I aim to have a pair of the 2.1 High Rollers on the new 'retro' bike build mind you.

Back