RETROBIKE'S BIG DIRTY WEEKENDER- THIS WEEKEND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose to get the RC500 ready in time I will have to throw some money at it :(

Confirmation of camping has now been made. I have asked for 35-50 places and we will have exclusive use of the bottom field- a lovely spot next to edge of Newtondale with shelter provided by oak trees. Cost will be just £5 per person. Owners have cofirmed we have use of the Village Hall to store bikes in whilst we are away- although there is not really any need for any secure storage; I have used this campsite for 15 years and it has always been a safe place. The only concern the owner has is feeding us all so will will have to eat in two seperate sittings- its only a small pub and there is simply not enough seating. We have been assured of a very warm Yorkshire welcome from the Landlord Simon and they will do everything possible to make our stay a pleasant one. They will also be ordering in extra beer :LOL: :LOL:

I will call a NE&Yorks meet next month to go down and try out a few route alterations and get everything tied up regarding the events that we plan. I will also run a poll to decide the Sunday plans- another local loop or a lap of Dalby's excellent Red Route.

Don't forget to have a rumage through your sheds for the bike Jumble- turn those unused parts into beer tokens!!

All we need now is some fine weather. The local trails are excellent and the event should be a great success.

Thanks for your support so far guys.

Cheers
Si

Updated list as of 7th April

Neilll
Corduroyboy
MJM
Velomaniac (Ecurie MacRetro)
Clockworkgaz (Ecurie MacRetro)
Sinnett177
Defiant (Team Netherlands)
TheBoy
Wold Ranger
Andy B
Orange71+1
Gil_M
Ian S
Mark (NE Group)
Dr S
Sithlord
Drewson
Toons
Old Ned
Justbackdated
Mrs Justbackdated
Sidewinder
ChrisV40
Barnsley Mick + 4 (NE Group)
Nayfinesse
Sq_root_of_2
Bibby
Jerky+ Guests.
NickD+1
Feetabix
Albash82

Cheers
Si

BIBBY":3nainfl7 said:
I've got that weekend off so hopefully will be able to make it. I'll get my rc100 put back together. Will have to get permission from the missus for the whole weekend, will get back to you.

OOHH - we'll have to make a twosome! Do you snore?

Old Ned":2ne36wqi said:
BIBBY":2ne36wqi said:
I've got that weekend off so hopefully will be able to make it. I'll get my rc100 put back together. Will have to get permission from the missus for the whole weekend, will get back to you.

Thats 'Team Wakey' sorted for the Cock O The North then!

Where abouts in Wakefield are you guys from? I had mates in Wrenthorpe a few years back- sadly lost touch :cry:

Si

Dr S":154p28bt said:
Old Ned":154p28bt said:
BIBBY":154p28bt said:

Thats 'Team Wakey' sorted for the Cock O The North then!

Where abouts in Wakefield are you guys from? I had mates in Wrenthorpe a few years back- sadly lost touch :cry:

Si

I've never heard myself snore!!!

Originally I'm from Castleford but now live in Wrenthorpe, I remember that many years ago someone who rode for Rocky mountain lived here, can't remember his name thou.

Small world! You might know Andy and Nathan then- they were a pair of Stoners that used to drive around in odd ball cars- Vauxhall Royale, Vauxhall Firenza Droopsnoot, Fiat 126, Alfa's, old VW buses etc. Great bunch of lads but lost touch when I moved to the North East.
They used to cycle around Ireland every summer on shonky old 12 speed racers with broken gears and no brakes and use the camper as a base. As soon as the got back over here they would sabotage the camper and call the RAC as they had spent all their money on Guiness :LOL:

Say hi if you know them.

Just seen this thread - put me down for a place :D Possibly two if I can persuade my mate to come with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back