Which Modern Tyre?

Nobby Nics are known for being thin on the sidewall (no good on rocky terrain) and puncture prone (pinch flats, again thin sidewall related)

I'm using 2.4" Nobby Nics in rocky & rootsy Finnish terrain and have not yet suffered any flats. The tyres grip very well and work nicely in wet conditions too.

Nobby Nic's are the 'in' tyre at the moment because they are pretty good allrounders but...

I have used Panarcer Cinders for 3 years now and they are fantastic.

I always have a Cinder upfront and then swap to a Panaracer Trailraker at the back in the muddy heart of winter, a Cinder during Spring and a Raxer MX when the trais are dusty...

They have a sticky central compound which makes the Cinders pretty grippy over roots and stuff.

On my single speed I just have two Cinders and they are great!

Schwabe tyres do tend to be a bit cheaper in Germany. I pick them up in Berlin each time I go.
27 Euros each for Snake skin 2.4's last trip in March. Worth a check online as postage costs are usually good from the bigger shops.

http://www.zweirad-stadler.de/Fahrrad_M ... &suchWert=

By the way if anyone goes over to Berlin Messe for a trade fair this shop is just up the road. It is by far the biggest bike shop I have ever seen. You can test the bikes inside??

I've been using the Contis for a few tears now. Slash/Vertical for the winter and Gravities for the summer. All the protection versions running Stans Notubes, seem ok, but would like a little more front grip than a vertical for the winter. Though given the way the thread is going i'm off to google the nobby nics :D

Back