My Killer V so far...

Anthony":ph26bdok said:
I think it looks good and if you like that riding position then the stem is a beauty, as well as picking up the colour of the skewers and valve caps so nicely.

But I must say my overall reaction is one of fear, you must be WAY harder than I am. I'd run for it rather than try and ride that bucking bronco. It looks like the stiffest most unforgiving ride you could possibly get. I'll just stick to my cissy steel frames and suspension forks and take my hat off to you (if I had one).

Having ridden again I am starting to agree. Need more rise at the front, wondering if I can get away with dropping the saddle height a tad too... PITA without a QR on it!! Got a green Ringle one to fit actually...

Oh... and personally I hate suspension. That is the first comment that everyone makes though! :D

thumbs up for the cable routing--i do my bike the same way--i always thought that was a pretty unique top tube setup--something i never expected c-dale would do to a hardtail--probably more unique than e-stays

Yay my wheels are done! Check the black/silver spokes and spoke patterns!!

Got some more stuff to fit next weekend too, then it is going to be pretty near rideable :D

Attachments

• DSCF1107.JPG
    DSCF1107.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,171
  • DSCF1108.JPG
    DSCF1108.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,171
  • DSCF1109.JPG
    DSCF1109.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,171
  • DSCF1111.JPG
    DSCF1111.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,171
I reckon it'll be a love it or hate it type thing when it's done. I'm still not sure about the polished frame but it'll do for now until I stumble upon the one I really want :D

Ok so far but would have been better with a blue front hub, the thing about coloured builds is consistency, maybe balance it out a bit with a blue seatpost and outer chainring ?

Gripshifts look nice though, and the HS33's are a good choice, got them on my E3 and they are great :cool:

jimihendrix":27byhwgr said:
Ok so far but would have been better with a blue front hub, the thing about coloured builds is consistency, maybe balance it out a bit with a blue seatpost and outer chainring ?

Gripshifts look nice though, and the HS33's are a good choice, got them on my E3 and they are great :cool:

Yeah, you know how much ringle hubs cost though, right? :D That black one was a bargain so I went for it.

Already got blue middleburn chainring, just waiting for the cranks to arrive, and found blue seatpost too, just waiting for payday!!

That said, it was never meant to be a colour theme, but it seems to have gone red/blue which is a shame as I've got some other green bits and I've never liked red. Ooops.

Yes probably ...but there are exeptions. Herbold's colour picking was far from consitent, but it worked for those who like christmas trees :D

I like it, but I think the mech/shifter is a bit in your face. I appreciated the slightly initial more subtle and well chosen compostion too.

Fit some tyres :D

Back