HoNC aftermath

Re: .

ededwards":1o3o40s2 said:
rode the 100k were fully rigid - wrists of steel are what is required!

And why can't I stop eating?

Good effort riding rigid. Bet you enjoyed that last descent :LOL:

Know what you mean about food.

I was just grateful to arrive at the bottom of the last descent vaguely upright and just about in one piece!

Too late for me to meet you guys (sorry!) as we had to register at 7.30 and then get back to the GH for breakfast at 8. By the time we got back to the CP it was a case of get ready as quick as poss and go.

I did meet John on his Goat and James on his TFC Yo on the way round the 100K route though, also got round in a smidge over 5 hrs peddling time.

After scoffing Jaffa cakes, bread pudding, banana cake, bananas, fig rolls etc I was sick to the back teeth of sweet stuff and was craving anything savoury, cue the biggest burger from the burger van and a hot cup of tea when I got back. :D

Excellent day, final descent was great, my cycling bud broke his sus forks the day before so did the whole route rigid and still did really well on the descents.

Sounds like a grand day out.

Everyone talking about the final descent - is that the one off Cleeve Hill and then down Postlip through the stony gulley?

MadCowKev":2q1mm96k said:
Everyone talking about the final descent - is that the one off Cleeve Hill and then down Postlip through the stony gulley?
It was off Cleeve Hill Kev, but not sure if it's the same gulley. Heathy and Wu said the route over Cleeve Hill was different from previous years.

Hope all is well with your growing family, any news to celebrate?

Re: .

ededwards":m79jgr9d said:
Interestingly three of the five who rode the 100k were fully rigid - wrists of steel are what is required!

I think a fair few of the 50k crew were rigid aswell, and damn right too.

Dr S":3lcy6ces said:
100kms=62 miles! Men of steel!!

Hardcore.

Ended up doing about 66 miles. Rode retro (ish), no mechanicals here either. ;-)

@kev,

The final descent off cleve was indeed the shortish run down postlip.

Ridden HONC 15 or so times. The course is different every year, however there are only so many tracks so there is obviously a lot of repetition year on year.

Good stuff, looking forward to some pics and is anyone doing a full report?

Latest posts

Back