Fancy a MTB Holiday in West Cumbria?

WCMTB

Retro Newbie
I joined retro bike end of last year & have enjoyed visiting the site since. I have noticed a lack of adverts for Cycling friendly holidays.

Anyway get to the point............. My Brother has 2 Yurts so he does Yurt holidays in Wasdale at his Farmhouse & my Mother has a 2 Bedroom cottage in Ravenglass family home from my ancestors. Both properties have secure storage areas for bikes.

I am doing up a 1 Bedroom cottage for couples in Gosforth, although it's not finished yet, it should be ready for summer

Should anyone be interested in spending a week mountain biking in the area I would be prepared to provide routes, advice & may even be able to find a guide if required. The area is riddled with bridleways so there is a weeks worth of riding in the area from the doorstep. As the area is on the coast the routes can be surprisingly flat or if you venture up the valleys very challenging.

If a moderator is watching this it might be worth setting up a link page for bike friendly holidays?

You can find the accommodation listed above by Googling either

Miterdale - Ravenglass
Yert - Rainors - Wasdale

By the way if you fancy camping instead try Shepard's Views - Drigg

If you want to book you can do so through my self, or direct the price is the same. If you do it direct just mention you saw the advert on retro bike recommended by Dave Hughes

Back