MacRetro chat and rides thread

Not sure I'm up for westward trekking this May although the Fire Tower trail is on my to do list. There are some trails listed for near Dunoon on the forestry Commision site as well.

Quite fancy Carron Valley though now the weathers improving, I think I'm becoming a trail centre fan, Jedburgh put me off old school a bit.

Velo its unlikely I'll be going to arrochar either, backshift weekend :evil: maybe hit another trail centre on the 16th if you wish. Determined to do all 7stanes this year, that'll be 2 down after tomorrow.

Kaiser,

I'm happy to do any trail centre on the 16th including Innerleithen again cos it was actually quite good :D

Quite fancy Newcastleton, Carron Valley and Drumlanrig as well.

Cheers

:LOL: my thinking was doing Ae leaving kirroughtree and dalbeattie for the summer months when its drier and glentrool too, slot newcastleton in nearer the end of the year since its the smaller of the centres. Though I maybe knock off the glentrool long route before SSUK :?:

kaiser":2tsgsi3a said:
:LOL: my thinking was doing Ae leaving kirroughtree and dalbeattie for the summer months when its drier and glentrool too, slot newcastleton in nearer the end of the year since its the smaller of the centres. Though I maybe knock off the glentrool long route before SSUK :?:

good suggestion- glentrool will be a good test of fitness, I'm up for that.

clockworkgazz":314bsw08 said:
kaiser":314bsw08 said:

good suggestion- glentrool will be a good test of fitness, I'm up for that.

Cool maybe late May?

.......better get the miles in then :shock: - just fitted a gusset 18 tooth cog to the dale so is running pretty nice now.

I was having some chain slipping issues and the deep teeth of the gusset have sorted it, I had read the posts telling you should go with a ss specific cog and now know why it is so important. I have decided on 36:18 what you going with?

clockworkgazz":1aut6ug1 said:
.......better get the miles in then :shock: - just fitted a gusset 18 tooth cog to the dale so is running pretty nice now.

I was having some chain slipping issues and the deep teeth of the gusset have sorted it, I had read the posts telling you should go with a ss specific cog and now know why it is so important. I have decided on 36:18 what you going with?

Same I think :roll: still in the test stages :D

sorry....late may should be cool, going to try and get up to arrochar with Mr Panda et al in may too, figure it will be a good distance run for the SS dale and I love it up there so no hardship really :cool:

Hi guys

Just finished swearing at my bike - damn them flooking brakes! :evil:

Anyhoose, I'm in Dalbeattie at the mo and it is fine here; has been for a few hours now.

Bit nippy now that the big ball of heat has gone but looking fwd to 2mrrw.

See u guys at the trailhead carpark

Rhys

PS the rear whaletail is off so its wrecking time :LOL:

Back