2007 Orange Clockwork Ltd edition

yeah, i know you can run them shorter but that's the problem i think orange had, the bikes were speific to halifax/yorkshire or wales and the alps, down here in the crappy flat country they were overkill hence the clockwork and the 08 prestige being popular here.

have to be honest aswel, i rode the 303, hated it, i wanted to like it aswel but to me it felt too short (top tube wise) and too harsh.

Harsh

Trouble with those types is that they need a 2.3 or 2.5 tyre run sub 40 psi to get the most from them and then they're not so good on the flat for speed. It's surprising how the bikes in the local shops vary according to the terrain, around here most bikers do road or Freeride/DH or both, get furthr East and South where terrain is kinder and its mainly XC.
My local shop trades a lot of SH gear and its mainly DH or FR or Jump bikes, very little xc as they break within a trip or two or pummel the rider into a blob of jelly. In the last month, they have had 2 Spesh big hits, a SCruz VP, a Haro Ex 8 and a Giant Reign through s/h, tells a story really.

Re: crank for Clockwork

Hi,

I have just purchased one of the limited edition Orange Clockwork bikes from the re issue batch of 2007.

I will be using the bike for light trail stuff and for commuting.

I am looking at adding a new crankset but haven't a clue what will fit. It currently has a Trivitus firex gxp with three rings but it looks very worn.

Will a triple shamano XT be worth buying ?

Cheers

Phil

Re:

Hello, I have a decent Raceface Evolve in my for sale thread which came off a '98 Orange Prestige ltd...
Really cheap!
Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 400