94 Answer Manitou FS

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Got this together during the week :)

PICT0004-1.jpg

PICT0003-1.jpg

PICT0002-1.jpg

Spec is pretty unspectacular (for a Manitou), CK devolution headset, Ringle stem, STX canti's, LX shifters, Answer carbon bars, has nice period XT mechs, front being the band on type with custom clamp, sourced the proper Manitou seatpost and clamp (had to buy a scrap frame for these), Michelin wildslippers on Mavic 217's with an XT Parallax rear and Hope front hub.

Waiting on a set of springs for the forks coming from America as the elastormers are mince, already has the springs in the rear so it'll balance it out.

Also intend to get a pair of nicer pedals, maybe magnesium DMR V8's ?, (i'm a dedicated flat pedal user), also a pair of blue Hope bar plugs.

Cheers to Gil-M for the fantastic stickers ;)

May upgrade the canti's and shifters or i may just leave them on, i did buy a set of M900 XTR canti's for it a while ago but they didn't do much for me so i passed them on :roll:

Intent to ride it and not be too namby pamby with it (though obviously no big jumps or drop offs :LOL: )

Looks awsome regardless of spec. To me that is one of the iconic bikes from my yoof. Stunning.

stunning mate- simply stunning :cool: :cool: , and I get to have a wee shot too :D

The stem looks the biz, I stand corrected and the tyres and cranks look fab aswell- we have a Macretro BOTM entry for april

clockworkgazz":2fbzkicg said:
stunning mate- simply stunning :cool: :cool: , and I get to have a wee shot too :D

The stem looks the biz, I stand corrected and the tyres and cranks look fab aswell- we have a Macretro BOTM entry for april

Cheers for the positive comments guys ;)

I'll give everyone a shot at the next MacRetro meet, you'se can form a que :LOL:

Pleased with the stem but there was a nice Manitou one in the for sale section this week i'd have prefered, just the right size too, skint at the moment though :roll:

silver one kind of tapered? Saw that and agree that it looks the mutts but still love the ano bling look too.

That is a beauty, the manitou is one of the only bikes i would get rid of my alpine stars for! well done that man a rarety indeed.

Back