Proflex Beast 1997

I rode that same model for 4 years until I managed to get my hands on an Oz. I killed one shock, and the parralax hub along with the esp rear derailleur, that is it. The elastomers in the fork would get stiff when cold, but would be buttery soft when hot. I had a monthly regreasing routine for the fork. Felt great up until the day I sold it.

Biggest improvement was swapping the Hellbent bars for a Monkeylite CT2 highrise. The ride improvement was astounding. I remember the first ride on them I kept looking down at my tire to see if it was flat.

shovelon":1ypy7258 said:
I rode that same model for 4 years until I managed to get my hands on an Oz. I killed one shock, and the parralax hub along with the esp rear derailleur, that is it. The elastomers in the fork would get stiff when cold, but would be buttery soft when hot. I had a monthly regreasing routine for the fork. Felt great up until the day I sold it.

Biggest improvement was swapping the Hellbent bars for a Monkeylite CT2 highrise. The ride improvement was astounding. I remember the first ride on them I kept looking down at my tire to see if it was flat.
so are the hell bars harsh and did you replace them with carbon bars?

clockworkgazz":3mncrulv said:
so are the hell bars harsh and did you replace them with carbon bars?
Yes, I was trimming some weight and the feel was a bonus. Like an extra inch of travel. :cool:

Re: Bring back OFFROAD and Proflex, and Flex-stem

christiankay":2stls3gw said:
Bring back OFFROAD and Proflex, and Flex-stem (repeat ...)
Will this one do?
OffroadaRockyPeak.JPG

Now that is lush- love the front forks what are they? Rapiddecent has posted a few times on here- he's your man for your proflex bounce needs.

clockworkgazz":qb1sx6w1 said:
Now that is lush- love the front forks what are they? Rapiddecent has posted a few times on here- he's your man for your proflex bounce needs.
Made by Serotta for Offroad. Whole bike was made by Serotta.

Yes, Callum from Rapid Descent is the Cat's Meow. :cool:

sob!

:(

I want to join you Offroad Prolfex owners - what kind of travel did they have. I know at the time early 90's you could buy a flex-stem on it's own but I know nothing about Offroad as a brand or the history. USA or UK? In my home town of Porthcawl I remember two brothers, one had a Nishiki with elevated chainstays and the other had a Proflex full susser and we were all still riding Raleigh's, Carrera's and Apollo's and there was these guys riding a Japanese exotic and a revolutionary suspension bike.

Nishiki still trading in foreign markets http://www.nishiki.com/

If anyone wants to write a few words on history of Offroad and Proflex I'd be well grateful.

:?: ;)

Back