Unique Bontrager frame

The highest bidder is a keen Bontrager and Klein collector from the MTBR forum (think he worked for Klein) so I'm guessing this is genuine :D

Stu

I think its dodgy, but could be wrong. Looks like a higher end Trek(970?) resprayed.

im going to be ignorent, but this is the first bontrager ive seen without a wishbone rear end?

stu":2e4nxh6c said:
The highest bidder is a keen Bontrager and Klein collector from the MTBR forum
This mrorange.vrc? You don't happen to know him, or his username on mtbr do you? He won a Bontrager frame that I really wanted for the girlf and want to see if he'll part with it...

kase1983":135mg3wg said:
im going to be ignorent, but this is the first bontrager ive seen without a wishbone rear end?
Thats why i thought its a trek

stu":2w6romjr said:
The highest bidder is a keen Bontrager and Klein collector from the MTBR forum (think he worked for Klein) so I'm guessing this is genuine :D

Stu

Like a ghost from across the pond . . .Hi all. I just recently became a member. I'll stop lurking now.

It is genuine only in the fact that it was made in Santa Cruz. The fork is throwing the geometry off. Would be better if it were Bonty crowned Rock Shox . . . the color is . . . different . . . .um, it's 1 1/8 headtube . . be better if it were 1" . . . rear stays are OK as many early brazed Bonties were not monostay. For this time period that this one was built? Strange. I would call it a curio, more than anything else.

Yeah, a bontrek, or a trekager, or . . . tretrager . . .

gradeAfailure":1q636c2x said:
stu":1q636c2x said:
The highest bidder is a keen Bontrager and Klein collector from the MTBR forum
This mrorange.vrc? You don't happen to know him, or his username on mtbr do you? He won a Bontrager frame that I really wanted for the girlf and want to see if he'll part with it...

Sent you a PM . . .

Back