back on the bike at last!!

tozi321

Dirt Disciple
Got to tell someone who'll understand!
just got back from a short ride after a break of 4 years following a bout of depression-motivation to do anything disappeared,weight piled on,familiar story really.Anyway,at christmas the kids clubbed together and got my old '60's jaques aquetil refurbed with new paint and some modern gear,new transfers etc,very touching.So now I've finally got out -not on it,but on my mtb-not worthy of my georgeous light metallic blue aquetil yet!V.happy chappy!
Times for ride-ooer! must try harder-give you a laugh anyway!
Out the gate 6.32am

9.29 miles

ride time 48.42-blimey

Av.11.4 mph

Maw 23.4 mph-down hill for gods sake!

room for improvement? Hmmm

Good to have you here. Times will get quicker. But most important is to enjoy. :D :D

tintin,chris,and Iwasgood,really nice to be welcomed like that,been on cloud nine all day.Thanks,truly appreciated,will sort some pics.

awesome, i always like the feel of the huge smile i get when i finish a ride, no matter how knackered I am i always dismount smiling :D good to see you getting out, the weight will drop off now with regular rides.

Aye, a turn on the bike is a good remedy for the Big Black Dog...........never mind time or long distance, just enjoy.
I find too that grinding up a long hill, cursing and blaspheming, frees up and concentrates the mind wonderfully- all other worries and troubles melt away in the face of the one singular goal of gettin up that b*st*rd slope.

There's also the lovely feeling ye get one day when ye realise that the front of yer thighs are no longer making contact with yer belly when yer on the drop bars.

Welcome t' the board!

Back