Big sell out...

Mate of mine over here had a Mustang, 65 Fastback.. Did heaps of research with him to find the right one so ended up knowing a bit about them..

Great cars, but yeah John, no Daily Driver..

I think he went thru 2 sets of tyres in the year he owned it :LOL:

They have so much power it's insane.. Foot down and you're smokin off the line everytime.. Every time.. :shock:

kingroon":3evwq4uw said:
They have so much power it's insane.. Foot down and you're smokin off the line everytime.. Every time.. :shock:

Its not so the power, it the woeful chassis and cart spring rear end. ;)

Personally I'd steer clear of the Mustang, ok they look cool and sound nice, but in my experience they don't steer, corner or stop very well. Putting that into perspective in 60s saloon car racing the 289 notchbacks were also matched in performance by the Cooper S.

Also worth noting that as a replica it's pretty poor as they didn't even start with the correct body shell (Shelby's are all fastbacks not notchbacks). Other than the stripes and bonnet scoop what's actually been done to it engine and chassis wise?

Lastly are you sure you're not starting a mid life crisis? ;)

I wondered about the fast back malarky - and I dont think the engine or suspension is anything to get excited about either. Standard V8 cobra engine.

Kinda warm at the idea as oposed to yesterday where I was desperate.

Still want to sell the bikes tho - get in touch if keen.

I'd buy a 1984 to 1988 (pre Highlne) BMW M635CSi.

Now that is a seriously quick retro car, comfy and spacious too!

0-60 6.4secs top 159mph 286bhp and about 270lb/ft tourque :p (faster than a ferrari 308GTB 50-80 too! :shock: )

I had a ordinary 635CSi with the Alpina B10 engine (about 245bhp) and it was awesome, shame I sold it really. Would buy a M635CSi if I had the money, www.munichlegends.co.uk.

Attachments

• M635.jpg
    M635.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 3,096
Dino or 308

Or a classic 911 turbo. Old, but still look great.

Though maybe a little more than 13k..

Back