IbocProSX

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Singular Swift Singlespeed 29er, nearly finished

Singular99_008.jpg

Singular99_004.jpg

First ride today went fine, some more tweaking and finishing and then a proper off-road test.

Enjoy!!

really really like that. Ddidn't know Titec did bars like that - got a link to where I could buy some? What are they called? Look like Jones bars.

Also why is there such a huge clearance above the front wheel?

Now i like that :D The bars are Jones bars. Titec make them under license now that Jeff Jones makes different models for $550 :shock:

That's a very simple, clean looking bike - it gets a thumbs up...but get your chain tensioned ;)

Thanks guys, what a warm welcome for the Swift.

Great company that stands by their product too, Singular, excellent email comms plus the decal was sent to me as a gift. That I bought the frame used did not matter to them, Kudos. And to me it at least it does have a retro feel to it (half the Singulars I've seen have Brooks saddles fitted).

The bars are Titec J-bars licensed by Jeff Jones.
JJ's Singlespeed Central is the shop for all your special bar needs:

http://www.singlespeed.nl/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35_38&products_id=332

Clearance above the front wheel is trademark Singular geometry, long rigid forks with plenty rake. This achieves a good "trail" value for the front wheel contact patch for good steering without the need for a very steep head angle common in 29ers. The alterior motive is that when fitting 80mm suspension forks the head angle actually steepens thus correcting for the low rake of typical suspension forks, keeping the steering working equally well (not too slow).

Enjoy!!

Crell":1fkbygq8 said:
That's a very simple, clean looking bike - it gets a thumbs up...but get your chain tensioned ;)

Yeaah, and the rear cog is free floating on the cassette too , :roll:

Like I said, tweaking. It actually needs a half link in the chain replacing 1 full link.

Back