1994 Ted Wojcik Softrac FS

ridevintagemtb

BoTY Winner
Kona Fan
No real story to this one. I bought and built this bike for my father, who just turned 60 and needs to trade his hardtail in for something cushier. Problem is, he hates modern FS designs and likes the stretched-out feel of mid-nineties race bikes. Hey, its his back, not mine.

I've always been turned off on full suspension bikes, but I decided to turn this loose on a few miles of pretty aggressive terrain and found the ride pretty good. Just supple enough to soak up the rough stuff, but not so much to where I feel like I'm on a lazy boy. I'd have to say its the best-riding FS bike I've ridden, and I've owned modern-ish FS bikes before. I'm almost sad to see it go, but I know it will have a good home back in New Hampshire, 20 miles from Ted's shop.

side_shot.jpg

Frame: Ted Wojcik Softrac
Frame Number: 40253
Fork: AMP F3
Rims: Mavic 121 / 271 Ceramic
Hubs: Shimano XTR M910 / M900
Skewers: Ringle Twisters
Tires: IRC Mythos
Pedals: Shimano PD-M747
Crank: Shimano XT M737
Chain: SRAM
Rear Cogs: Shimano XT M737
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN-71
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900
Shifters: Shimano XTR M900
Handlebars: Answer Hyperlite
Grips: Specialized
Stem: Ringle
Headset: Cane Creek
Brake set: Shimano XTR M900
Brake levers: Shimano XTR M900
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Seat Post: Control Tech
Paint: Navy Blue w flakes
Size: 16.5"
Frame Weight: ?
Place of Origin: Windham, New Hampshire USA

front_end.jpg

rear_end.jpg

amp.jpg

_MG_3297.jpg

paint_decal.jpg

_MG_3306.jpg

tw_mountains2.jpg

Lovely looking bike.

Did you get a rebuild kit for the forks or were you lucky enough to get them in such ace condition?

The bolts etc look excellent...

BoyBurning":1m7dix30 said:
Did you get a rebuild kit for the forks or were you lucky enough to get them in such ace condition?

Amazingly it needed no work other than brake bosses and a cable hanger. All pivots solid (for now).

Back