HONC - tyre selection?

MadCowKev":26c2d5m9 said:
Lots of suggestions :?

42psi is low for all the road sections

Amber walls may get dirty

1.7 Z-Max I'm just too fat for them

Fire Pros are too grippy for the road sections and Conti XC's puncture too easily

So confused..................

maybe Michelin Wildgrippers? Green ones :shock: Or buy something else ?

what road sections? I seem to remember them making up about 5% of last year. Maybe the 50k route was different ratio?

worn out fire's there's the answer.

;)

Lordy, tyre choice :shock:

Steve's got it right above, go with whatever is fitted, pumped up to at least 60 psi

Pressure building

Can't seem to find a decent route map - the official stuff is gobbldegook on a Mac. So how much road versus off road - how much up hill to downhill or flat??

Upping the psi as each day goes by...

Mr K

Re: Pressure building

mrkawasaki":2lignyrw said:
Can't seem to find a decent route map - the official stuff is gobbldegook on a Mac. So how much road versus off road - how much up hill to downhill or flat??

Upping the psi as each day goes by...

Mr K

Panic not big man, will insure your tyres are appropriately inflated before the off....

Not a clue what's on the Specialized but I'm sure I've never had them at 60! Sounds like some pumping up is needed

Is anyone else planning to do the shorter route like me or are you all in for the long haul??

CAS":15dqckj1 said:
Not a clue what's on the Specialized but I'm sure I've never had them at 60! Sounds like some pumping up is needed

Is anyone else planning to do the shorter route like me or are you all in for the long haul??
Short route for me too at a nice steady pace. From reading the comments above i'm going to stick with whats fitted, a worn pair of Panaracer Fire XC PRO 1.8".

Back