waning interest

I too feel like this by the end of the winter, but now the clocks have gone forward I will be out in the evenings again (weekends actually always seem too busy/hungover to get out on the bike). :)

Plus the acquisition of a new Park AK 37 tool kit and stand for my 30th on Monday will leave me with no excuses not to fettle till my fingers bleed. :)

BarneyRubble":21ca0ymv said:
fettle till my fingers bleed. :)

That would only take me a couple of minutes. Show me a screwdriver and a spanner and I'll show you Blood! :twisted:

i havent looked at any of my bikes in weeks

i decided to ride soemwhere the other day, got 500 yards, thought "fook it" and went back for the car

the temptation to sell up is there, but i'd probably just waste the money

Old Ned":3hck9zm6 said:
BarneyRubble":3hck9zm6 said:
fettle till my fingers bleed. :)

That would only take me a couple of minutes. Show me a screwdriver and a spanner and I'll show you Blood! :twisted:

I am much the same, but previously it's been trying to do things with inappropriate tools, hopefully the injuries will now be reduced! :)

i used to get really tired of it all, i got in to the trade coz i loved bikes and riding but after a few years i got sick of the sight of bikes and felt like when i was out on the bike it was work aswel. it happened twice that i was really sick of it all.

now i am out of the trade my interest has really come back with a vengence in the bikes and the riding, i'm back to training more regularly aswel as opposed to just going out for general riding and i'm doing a couple of races for the first time in years.

i do find that the clocks changing helps though, it's the sign of the summer coming and warmer night rides after work etc. i don't like the winter mainly because of all the extra layers needed and then feeling restricted on the bike.

take a break from the building but try to keep riding, fitness is hard to get back when you lose it, i know! i'm sure the warm fuzzy feelings about bikes will return, it's a sickness! :D

It had occured to me that some of the stupid prices will start to put people off.

Untill coming to this site, I had little or no interest/ knowledge in road bikes, now after 18 months I can indentify almost anything post 70's and have a real interest in searching out and rebuilding these bikes.

My interest in MTBs has lessened but thats simply becuase the GT is all but finished and theres only so much fettling you can do.

My next project is to actually ride a bike to see what this is like - apparently people do this alot.

I get a little fazed by it sometimes but all I do is just buy another bike, sell an old one and I'm happy again. A lot of it is the novelty of a new bike for me.

I'm the same at the moment :? I'm still riding, in fact I'm riding more than ever ;) but just can't be bothered with the fettleing side at the moment :?

I'm blame Harryburgundy :LOL: ever since he sold me the Guyzer I haven't stepped over another bike :shock:

I've got my NOS Dekerf Team SL frame, NOS Pace RC31s and an NOS XTR M952 groupset which have been sitting here for months now gathering dust :? I just can't be bothered to start :oops:

Plus for the first time since the dawn of time I don't own a Kona of any description :? and I never thought I'd say that :shock:

I call it "New Bike Syndrome"

For whatever reason, when i've bought a new bike I've then ended up unable / not finding time etc to ride it for a while afterwards...

Don't worry, it will come back! A change is good for you. I rode singlespeed off road this winter instead of road miles, and I feel refreshed this spring.

Back