1996 Specialized Ground Control - Project start

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just picked this up from town, a very sad looking but original spec 1996 Specialized Ground Control.

Paint is nice and tidy, just needs a good deep clean and polish, but the forks are shot and the components are only mid range.

So, the plan is to strip it down the a bare frame, change the forks to either Specialized Future Shocks or Rock Shox Quadra 21's and slowly build it up with some nicer bits.........to start with I have some lovely LX canti's waiting ;)

Attachments

• DSCN2187.JPG
    DSCN2187.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,173
Pickle":fuu0ykda said:
dirtjumper_dmr":fuu0ykda said:
Future Shocks :cool:

I think it may have to be done ;)

Keep the Stumpjumper rigid and put the Quadra's on the LTS.

i agree... stumpy looks ace rigid :cool: and rockshox belong on the GT really so by elimination only it has to be the Future Shox on the Ground Control :D
looking forward to seeing it finished, and hearing how it rides (better than the Trek i'd guess :LOL: )

dirtjumper_dmr":1vn64jvq said:
Pickle":1vn64jvq said:
dirtjumper_dmr":1vn64jvq said:
Future Shocks :cool:

I think it may have to be done ;)

Keep the Stumpjumper rigid and put the Quadra's on the LTS.

i agree... stumpy looks ace rigid :cool: and rockshox belong on the GT really so by elimination only it has to be the Future Shox on the Ground Control :D
looking forward to seeing it finished, and hearing how it rides (better than the Trek i'd guess :LOL: )

Right, FS on it then :cool:

I doubt this will get built in a hurry, but we'll see. Prob will ride better the the 9000......but I still have yet to ride that!

Ahh good to see you got it, when I posted it up I thought about putting "FAO Pickle" in the topic, I had a feeling you may take a shine to it.

I'd opt for the future shocks too.

Back