Fuquay time! Scans attached

Yeah, nice frame but those parts :shock: have got to be off something else, does the tange prestige frame no justice at all

You're right about the bits of course, but what a nice frame, I could be tempted here if it's the right size. The geezer says 19" but he didn't say what his measuring points were, whether to top or to centre. I've just asked him to clarify.

I daren't even think what she might say if I get this... this'd be the 3rd bought in a couple of months! :roll:

Fuquay reviews

For some reviews:

Sorry no scanner but ...

Check out Vol 1 Issue 11 of MTB Pro: ( there's 1 on the front cover being ridden by a young Chipps), the same bikes tested inside alongside a PACE & Dave Yates

Also MBi Oct.1993 (has JMC on the front cover riding a RTS 1) tests one alongside a Dekerf & a Chas Roberts Dogs Bolx, Orange Prestige & a Saracen Sar

Also MTB world reviewed a Amp FS machine made by Fuquay.

I remeber MBUK also ran a feature down at Greg F's workshop...I think he previously worked for Serrotta

Looking forward to seeing it on the site sometime, enjoy the build up!

I'll get some photos from my mate. Has various ones of his Fuquay in the three different colours he's had it sprayed over the years. Latest colour is SBC team red with white logo's. The logos were actually painted on using a mask, including the armadillo :twisted:

Hi, new boy here...both to the forum and to the world of retro...

I've been mining the web for info on Fuquay's for some time, since becoming the proud owner of an NOS frame/ forks a year ago - this is just about the first glimpse of the name I've come across! would really like to find out more/ see more examples of his builds...

I bought a complete 'Pro-Circuit' 17" bike - on the basis of it's beautifully light, whippy and finely constructed frame...reckon it dates from about '95, but not sure...the signature crowns on the fork match up with Fuquay and enquiries with its previous owner confirmed it. Decals and two-tone red/ silver paint job are original but it is built up with a modern LX groupset. It's a lovely piece of work; forward facing seat clamp, gusseted frame etc. I will try and get some pictures tonight if anyone is interested...

Is Fuquay a name that comes up a lot on this forum/ site?

Cheers, W.E.

Re: Fuquay reviews

tangent":3i9y947d said:
For some reviews:

Sorry no scanner but ...

Check out Vol 1 Issue 11 of MTB Pro: ( there's 1 on the front cover being ridden by a young Chipps), the same bikes tested inside alongside a PACE & Dave Yates

Also MBi Oct.1993 (has JMC on the front cover riding a RTS 1) tests one alongside a Dekerf & a Chas Roberts Dogs Bolx, Orange Prestige & a Saracen Sar

I remeber MBUK also ran a feature down at Greg F's workshop...I think he previously worked for Serrotta

Think I've got some of thjose mags so I'll get them scanned in as and when I remember.

Any idea what Fuquay is doing now?

Re: Fuquay reviews

tangent":81fpp732 said:
For some reviews:

Sorry no scanner but ...

Hello everyone,

Elmy Cycles have/had an Fuquay AMP FS Frame & AMP Fork for sale, I think it was about 500 quid!

Cheers
Stu

Sorry for the picture quality(i used my phone) but here is my mates Fuquay in SBC team red(the latest colour scheme) Out of action at the moment due to a crakced seat tube, but due to be resurected.

fuquay5rz.jpg

fuquay15iz.jpg

The decals are actually painted on :twisted:

Back