CANNONDALE OMEGA LIMITED EDITION

(but, do something about the saddle position : put it more horizontal, please !!! :roll: )

Hiya, I just came across this thread when I googled "Cannondale Omega" and I am really excited to find an image of exactly the frame that I own myself. So please forgive myself for digging this old thread up again ;-)

I bought my Omega in 1991 and it's the 91 (grey) hard tail model. It had all the finest stuff on it although it seems that the components slightly varied. I had the Cook Bros cranks, Suntour derailleurs and brakes, Ritchey brake levers, stem and Seatpost, a selle Italia Turbo Saddle, Campagnolo rims and Mavic road headset and hubs. It was my CC bike for many years but I sort of retired it when I concentrated more and more on my road racing. I still own it and now use it as a commuting bike in London where I now live. The only original parts left on the frame are the seatpost and headset, everything else has been replaced and I also put a suspension fork in there...I just recently thought about getting a new 'Urban' bike but then just could not face getting rid of the Omega, so it is still with me after 18 years!

[/img]

3399386672_a358fdb384_b.jpg

Here we go. This is the bike as it looks today, some Deore DX, Manitou supension, Flite saddle, XT V-brakes...I also just ordered new wheels and m thinking about fitting a single-speed crankset for urban use...

Monkeypump":2ntl0kpu said:
What a nice warm welcome...

I agree.. There is some merit in the old adage "If you've got nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.."

Whilst I'm no Mod, I'm sure that they would agree that Positive Criticism is slightly more friendly. That Cannondale mightn't be everyone's Cup O' Tea, but it is Sito's Cup O' Tea, so let him enjoy it..

Back