HoNC bike - weapon of choice?

John":3obhigym said:
What happened to the Yeti Kev? Dr Pepper?

Guiness JV ;)

Hope you changed your chain if bringing the WTR - sure Gus will be acrrying a spare if not.

MadCowKev":21t2pqc9 said:
John":21t2pqc9 said:

Guiness JV ;)

Hope you changed your chain if bringing the WTR - sure Gus will be acrrying a spare if not.

i won't.

but i may own one that someone else is carrying. ;-)

Wu-Tangled":11xxvmtl said:
MadCowKev":11xxvmtl said:
John":11xxvmtl said:

Guiness JV ;)

i won't.

but i may own one that someone else is carrying. ;-)

@ Kev - to be sure

@ Gus - mysterious. You taking lessons from another well known poster here.

@ Heathy. I don't own a big hit 1 or 2 but I do have a burner. You on for it???

Any tips on tyre choice, clothing to wear, spares to carry, food and drink, etc. This will be my first HoNC and indeed my first mtb event since 1993!

Just doing the 50k route as i'm traveling down, riding and travelling back up north all in one day.

sinnett177":3dlu5wqn said:
Any tips on tyre choice, clothing to wear, spares to carry, food and drink, etc. This will be my first HoNC and indeed my first mtb event since 1993!

Just doing the 50k route as i'm traveling down, riding and travelling back up north all in one day.

Weather forecast here.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Aldsworth-GL54

Last year there was a pretty good refreshment stop provided at about 30km on the 50km route. Tea, cake, fruit etc. I used a camelbak but this year will have a bottle and a couple of emergency gels...

Tyres - use something that rolls on the road and cuts through mud. I'm running Schwalb Fast Freds at about 50psi. Spares - couple of tubes, puncture kit, pump and multi-tool. Usual ride stuff really

See you there - I'm planning on doing 50km too for same reasons as you. I'll bring the A-stars stuff for you ;)

The trails round here have been pretty dry over the past week or two as we've had bugger all rain. Unless we get some serious downpours this week, it's not going to change, so there is no need to worry about using 'winter' tyres.

May all change this week though, but looking at MCKs weather link it looks to be a dry week again :)

Back