my other hobby ! !

Well it wasn't for the pesky gearbox!! it would be! :twisted:

on a serious note do you know how many of these were made and how many have survived? if i recall they were built in australia and not exported so they must be pretty damn rare. do you know how many are in the uk?

Hi,

Yes rare is the word!

1900 or so built in Australia, half of which were left hand drive. This number doesn't seem so low until you realise it was a factory built vehicle.
That fact makes it a very low volume car.
The reason for such small numbers was due in part to the short time of manufacture,three years or so.Also failure of the front structure under such abuse the ozzies meatured out!!
I don't have the existing figure still alive, but would be suprised if this number is over a hundred ,of which i only know of two in the uk.
The other vehicle is 'stock' and lives under cover in Essex i believe?

Thanks for the interest in the project!

I am sure ben would build you one if you asked nicely! :D

Cheers,Al

Thats awesome mate! Almost looks like you're floating on some crazy ratted magic carpet :LOL:
Gutted I couldn't get down to the show and see it for myself.

The oz buggy certainly has some history behind it though...very treckeresque in conception. Love the front end with the sloping headlights. And that torsion beam, don't think you can get it any narrower surely!

What's the future plans for it..restoration or keeping the insane rat look? Looks cool either way.

Makes me miss my baja now..had heaps of fun in that thing :(

Cheers!

Plans are to keep it ratty! We have a magazine feature as well! :D

Although i think Ben may buy my half and have some fun this summer! Tart!! :roll:

There is a short youtube vid on the forum link now. The engine sounds fantastic! The vid is shot by friend and legend Kieth Sueme,thats why its rubbish! he's about a nundred! :LOL:

Al.

Oh! the front beam is 6 inch narrowed. :cool:

;)

Don't be a pussy,be a three spline hussy!

Al. :shock:

Back