electric car

If peoples' laptop batteries set on fire when charging imagine what would happen with this! :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

This is a COOL car!! :cool: I wonder when they're gonna get around to developing an engine like this for a 2.5TD pickup truck?!?! When they do ........ I WANT ONE!!!! :cool:

L xx

cherrybomb":33r34fyy said:
hamster":33r34fyy said:
The problem ain't the engine, it's the battery!

...and where you plug it in.

....And how long it takes to charge it.

Battery powered cars are not the future at all, they are dead in the water, the fallacy of zero pollution :LOL: where do they think the electricity comes from! And all the nasty chemiclas used to manufacture the batteries, and then they need disposing of later in it's life.

Saying that, this Datsun is cool though, looks like a scaled up RC car!

where do they think the electricity comes from

he keeps banging on about how the internal combustion engine is dirty and inefficient etc. I'm sure I read somewhere that it's actually more efficient than a coal-fired powerstation in terms of the energy released for a given amount of fuel...

I recently had a conversation with someone who owns one of those Toyota Pious things. It's now over six years old and the batteries have a service life of around eight years.
Putting aside the issues of all the exotic metals and chemicals used to manufacture the batteries, they have been advised that it would make better financial sense to scrap the car and buy a new one than replace the batteries when they fail! :shock:

At the moment, until they can find a sustainable way to produce hydrogen in the quantities required, lean burn technology is where its at.

orange71":1f6mbczj said:
where do they think the electricity comes from

he keeps banging on about how the internal combustion engine is dirty and inefficient etc. I'm sure I read somewhere that it's actually more efficient than a coal-fired powerstation in terms of the energy released for a given amount of fuel...

Some of these modern engines are very effecient, but most engines in the US seem to be very large V8's or V6's and not particulary good on the old MPG :LOL:

cherrybomb":2zg0wp9z said:
I recently had a conversation with someone who owns one of those Toyota Pious things. It's now over six years old and the batteries have a service life of around eight years.
Putting aside the issues of all the exotic metals and chemicals used to manufacture the batteries, they have been advised that it would make better financial sense to scrap the car and buy a new one than replace the batteries when they fail! :shock:

At the moment, until they can find a sustainable way to produce hydrogen in the quantities required, lean burn technology is where its at.

Yep! Or fuel cells.

I had to use one of my brothers cars for a while, its a 1993 Fiesta 1.1, it was returning 55MPG and that was consistant (using the fill up and trip counter). That's a 16 year old car!

Back