Help with 93 Orange Prestige - Update with X-lite

Scrat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've purchased close to my dream bike, thanks nporternz

I have a few taste related questions.
Is it wrong to use a modern Hope stem? I want an english build and I'm willing to for go retro.....
Orange stems are relabeled kalloy or something so I don't feel that counts..

2nd what brakes? I'm looking at M900 Cantis, but would love something patriotic, does anything spring to mind

Anything else on it people think need changing or improving?

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 4,130
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 4,130
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 4,130
That is an absolute beauty. :cool: A really nice clean, elegant and purposeful build. Just how a Prestige should be.

I'd go with the XTR cantis to finish off the group set. Orange offered their bikes with complete groups back then so it would be in keeping.
I'd avoid the modern Hope stem though, not for any retro purity reason, but because I think it would look too bulky against that frame and a little out of place with all the rest of the parts.
Syncros work well on most retro frames, or maybe a Pace stem if you want to keep it British. ;)

damn those wheels look nice................

should have skinwalls though to see them better!!

is it wrong to miss that bike already!!!

Looking good..

I'm not sure hope even do a 1" stem. I agree that a pace stem would finish it off quite nicely! Go with XTR cantis. ;)

Alright Nic I'll put some skinwalls on it.
smoke/dart, or porks (genuine old ones!)

re; syncros stem, I tried one on and it looked so huge and out of place, I actually like the short chromo one, maybe powdercoat it to match the frame

Cheers for the positive comments

Scrat":2p3d3w5n said:
Alright Nic I'll put some skinwalls on it.
smoke/dart, or porks (genuine old ones!)

re; syncros stem, I tried one on and it looked so huge and out of place, I actually like the short chromo one, maybe powdercoat it to match the frame

Cheers for the positive comments

1. Porcs
2. Pace chainrings
3. USE post (non suspension)
4. Pace Stem

5. New bolts on those shifters ;)

Very nice! You've given me some ideas for my Prestige build now. ;)

You could try one of the old Orange stems. I know what you're saying but they do look well in my opinion.

Alright you heard the man!

If anyone has a spare USE post, and a Pace 42t MD chainring,

I'm actually really attached to the middle engagement ring - I have never seen another one

Will do full complment of stainless capscrews when complete

Back