Kleins and Specializeds

Archangel

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here are my bikes...

* 1992 19" Klein Attitude in "Horizon Linear Fade". Full XTR M900, Klein grips & tires, 1st gen Flite & Syncros post with the logo in back. Bought from an original owner who had kept the bike on his living room wall for several years. German model, distinguished by a golden head tube emblem.

This bike has been sold to a Finnish Klein collector.

horizon1.jpg

* 1993 19" Klein Attitude in "Sea & Sky". Hey, wait! There was no Sea & Sky color in 1993! WTF? Well, this is a very late '93 model made in the middle of the year change so it received this color. A very rare combination of MC1 frame and this color according to Wundel.com. And what a lovely color that is! Bought from an original owner. It's been ridden for many years, so it's not in showroom condition.
Equipped with XTR M900 and blue Ringlé parts.

This bike has been sold to a fellow forum member.

93att_15.jpg

* 1993 Klein Adroit
This one has a distinctive "Rain Forest" paintjob. Too bad it's only 18" and therefore too small for me.

This Adroit has been sold to a fellow forum member.

rainforest9.jpg

* 1995 Klein Adept hybrid. Very rare with only handful made, possibly 1 of 1 with this "Coral Reef" colour. Complete with an original Deore XT M737 parts spec.

95adept_2.jpg

* 1993 Klein Adroit. Very rare Team Storm paintjob made for team riders. This bike will be built as a "Tinker Juarez Race Replica".

storm16.jpg

* 1992 Specialized S-Works Carbon (=CrMo lugged model, NOT Ultimate). XTR M900 plus lots of titanium & carbon fiber...

sworks_carbon1.jpg

* 1991 Specialized Stumpjumper Epic Ultimate with Titanium lugs!!!! It is a Ned Overend World Championship Commemorate Limited Edition. How sweet is that?!?
SunTour XC Pro, lots of NOS parts. This is a garage queen which won't be ridden.

epic12.jpg

Is the 92 actually a 93? The typeset on the frame and stem looks more consistant with a 93 than a 92 and I thought most 93s had the gold headtube badge - I could be totally wrong though.

Anyway some very very nice bikes, post some more photos when they're complete. :D

andrewl":idgz2mtt said:
Is the 92 actually a 93? The typeset on the frame and stem looks more consistant with a 93 than a 92 and I thought most 93s had the gold headtube badge - I could be totally wrong though.

Anyway some very very nice bikes, post some more photos when they're complete. :D

Thank you to everyone for compliments!

The Horizon Attitude is a 1992 made frame according to frame nbr. It also has thinner seattube with 27.2 seatpost & 31.8 FD clamp where the 1993 model has 31.6 and 34.9 respectively.
The stickers are like 1993 though.

Back