Most despised feature on modern bikes

Dr S":cnl5kvmx said:
Hydroforming. It's just plain fugly.

On the other hand, mountain bikes have steadily become less attractive since the Schwinn Excelsior, so I guess it's progress.

Si

I'll go with that and the trend for boring colour schemes. Apart from that watching where modern bikes are taking the bikers is breathtaking :cool:

People moaning about 'new' stuff that we would have moaned about 15 years ago and will be paying silly money for in 15 years time...

I ain't a retro-grouch by any means - modern stuff can often be better and I wouldn't hesitate to use it if the end result would benefit from it.

But crap like integrated headsets give you no benefit whatsoever and are actually just a bad idea on almost every level - that ain't progress.

What about using legendary names on mediocre bikes that aren't even made of the same material as their predecessors? Or a total lack of high quality steel bikes in large numbers? Kona are the worst culprits in my opinion...

legrandefromage":38a8hr2n said:
......will be paying silly money for in 15 years time...

You won't! You'll still be going down to the local tip then! :LOL: :LOL:

The thing that I hate about modern bikes are all these fancy names for types of bikes that have always existed.

Thats bad news, im only 16

wicked im no longer the youngest :LOL:

i dont like the ignorance . the idea you need a boingy bike to travel over a bit of the earth that a rigid has done for years previously

expensive stuff for expensive stuffs sake . like the people who buy a chris king and have no idea about the bearing used or the lifetime warranty :x

ive found i generally dislike boingy bikes personally but im not going to say i hate them as they have a place . if you want to go fast over some really rough ground fine . dont buy one to go to the shops though :LOL:

generally using the wrong equipment for where your riding or what you want out of a bike . i dont reserve this for new bikes , i find it just as funny the people who insist on using flat bars but have 2inchs of spacers under the stem :LOL:

i dont think ill ever understand why a 6inch travel boingy bke would have a triple chainset :?

rosstheboss":17tem8ga said:
What about using legendary names on mediocre bikes that aren't even made of the same material as their predecessors? Or a total lack of high quality steel bikes in large numbers? Kona are the worst culprits in my opinion...

yeah not keen on the new konas leik

Back