MacRetro chat and rides thread

clockworkgazz":31avcyfb said:
sunday pollok

me on the ss dale
Jimihendrix on the SS Orange
Kaiser on the ????

Ac? velo? anyone else

9am sunday morning.

I'll be there, will bring water and try and get a decent breakfast this time though :LOL:

Anywhere on the 5th is fine for me too.

How did those headset adaptors work Gazz ?

Sould hopefully have the Manitou FS together for next weekend, will need to rob the wheels and saddle off the E3 for now, will do that on Sunday afternoon then it's just cables.

adapters worked a treat- see the sbike on my sig now with 1 1/8 th forks and adapters-

see youy sunday morning, have you voted for the stanes venue?

Kaiser for the love of god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finish a SS bike then ride it, a true SS rider goes rigid anyway :D
Or swallow your pride and fit a cheapo 1" steerer fork such as a Chilli or a Zoom etc or a slightly better Suntour which you can get brand new for about £30 with 50 mm of travel which would suit the mucky pup !

Alternatively SS a full sus, at Drumlanrig I saw a couple and one world champ pro SS rider rides full sus and still wins races.

You will however endure a slagging with a FS SS from SS riders and Retro riders alike.

Hardtail is best compromise :D

Remember the clocks go forward you 2 :LOL: so its 8 oclock.

Velo full sus is for old people. :p

Will cross the SS bridge when i come to it, if neither sell may eventually build one or I have an old GT frame thats probably more suitable, got most of the stuff to build it too.

Great ride earlier guys :cool:

Hit a slight snag with the Manitou, forks are just about bottoming out when i sit on it and that was before i ate two bacon rolls and two chocolate eclairs :LOL:, unrideable as it is i'd say, definetely going to need those speed springs, also dont fancy stripping it down again so looking for a pair of decent wheels and a saddle for the E3

I had a blast, nice run out lads :cool:

Shane about the forks, makes you wonder why we bother with all this old crap :roll: :cool:

I have two saddles that are good (ascent Ti and a brooks jobbie), and lots of shit- and I mean shit- wheels- for you mister scotsman, I like your face, I give you very great price. :LOL:

clockworkgazz":21pwi3yh said:
Shane about the forks, :cool:

Shane who ?, Richie ?, what would he know about suspension forks ?, should i phone his agent and ask ? :LOL:

May have a nice set of wheels lined up but if you have a pair you think will do the E3 i may take them as i could use the nice ones for the Clockwork, will have a look at your bits and bobs on Sunday :D , there goes the deposit for the road bike, where does this madness end :roll:

Paul Shane from hi di hi ;)

The wheels are no name stuff but your welcome to have a look.

You now have to turn the miles in roadie boy, get some arm warmers and some bib shorts.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 234
clockworkgazz":3qu6y3dx said:
You now have to turn the miles in roadie boy, get some arm warmers and some bib shorts.

Damn it, you've got me sussed, the only reason i'm buying a road bike is so i can wear bib shorts, shave my legs and Stuff a Daily Record down my front :LOL:

Sorry guys but this weekend is now looking slightly dodgy for me due to Family issues :roll: , will know for certain by Friday.

More doom and gloom, may need to sell the San An :( , been hit with a big dentist bill and have to tax the car, also i just dont know when or if it'd ever get built, and to be honest i doubt i'd get on with it as it just feels too much of a handfull (alright i'm not man enough :LOL: ), if i let it go i'll concentrate on the Clockwork and the LTS.

On a positive note rode the Manitou FS up and down my street thismorning and it's awesome :cool:, despite the forks being shite, going to order the speed springs for it later though.

Back