My new project

mickyc

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here she is bought her today just loved the colour got to keep her at work till i get to go to a bootsale then bring her home and tell the mrs it only cost me a tenner lol, she has full xt 739 minus the rear mech and hubs a titanium seatpost and handle bars, let me know what you think.

phonemarch006.jpg

phonemarch005.jpg

phonemarch007.jpg

phonemarch008.jpg

Although that is almost definately an E4 it has the 'wrong' chainstays, they should be much deeper than that and the drive side dropout is different too. It would be interesting to know the frame number, because I'm wondering whether you have a pre-production frame.

cherrybomb":3kvvoz46 said:
Although that is almost definately an E4 it has the 'wrong' chainstays, they should be much deeper than that and the drive side dropout is different too. It would be interesting to know the frame number, because I'm wondering whether you have a pre-production frame.

Hi frame number looks like G39300068 hope this helps to i.d the frame. :D

Just spoke to paul at orange tech dept he says that there records start at july 98 which was the mt no's and that this frame may be earlier he asked for some pics so have emailed them to him will post what he finds out.

mickyc":1kh6zjad said:
cherrybomb":1kh6zjad said:
Although that is almost definitely an E4 it has the 'wrong' chainstays, they should be much deeper than that and the drive side dropout is different too. It would be interesting to know the frame number, because I'm wondering whether you have a pre-production frame.

Hi frame number looks like G39300068 hope this helps to i.d the frame. :D

That seems to be the opposite way round to any of the other Orange frame numbers I've seen.

Mine is : MT80600456

The 806 identifies the date of manufacture as June 1998 with 456 being the production number for that year.

It's just a guess, but yours would appear to be June 1998 (06:cool: but 63 frames (393) earlier then mine.
That's all just an educated guess though.

The E4 wasn't introduced until 1998. (The E3 was still on sale for 1997) so I can't see it being earlier. I do know that Team Orange got first pick of the frames and that it's likely that there were mid run design changes.

I wonder how many were actually sold? I've only ever seen one other and that was next to mine in the shop when I brought it.

Back